I need a macro built for FreeCAD, complete with gui interface...

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ldemiurge

I need a macro built for FreeCAD, complete with gui interface...

Post by ldemiurge »

I need a macro built for FreeCAD, complete with gui interface. This will very likely require some work in python.

Okay. The project is fairly simple, but if I muck up these directions then I think it will be more difficult than it should be. To make things easy, I added some illustrations. Please, follow along in both diagrams to understand what I am going on about...

1. 3D Printer Measurements: I am not sure if this is needed, but these variables, (X, Y, and Z), represent the full range of motion that a user’s 3D printer is capable of printing and they are meant to determine if the object should be sliced into multiple files. However, it occurred to me that a slicing program is already capable of such feats. I am thinking we should skip this, but if for some reason you think it should be added, than I want this in the macro. I can not stress enough however that keeping the original measurements when printing are very, very important. Right, let’s crack on...

2. Triangular Prism Measurements: This variable object and it’s organization and placement on a ring are the very reasons this macro is being commissioned. Looking at the object, you will notice that the angles at the bottom are a static 45 degree angle. These angles must not change under any circumstance. However, the height (H) and the length (L) of the triangular prisms should be scale able. By entering a number, the user should be able to increase the size and how long each triangular prism is on the ring.

3. Base Measurements: This variable serves as a desired measure of the thickness for the ring supporting the formation of triangular prisms. You can see an rudimentary formation in the second diagram, represented by the blue circle; but with regard to base measurements, this will define how strong the support structure for said formation is.

4. Guard Rail Measurements: These variables, represented by “W” for width and “E” for height, are the measurements for the outside “guard rail.” This outside perimeter should wrap around the ring of triangular prisms no matter how many are selected and what scale the rings and base are set to. This perimeter serves the purpose of providing additional structural integrity for the ring. However, it should be stated that of all the measurements the user is required to input into the macro, this one alone should be optional. In the gui, provide a check box form allowing the user to choose whether or not they want a guard rail.

5. Triangular Prism Count: This variable defines how many triangular prisms there are, arranged in a ring formation. The higher the count, the larger the ring should be using the measured variables the user input into the previous forms.

This concludes the requirements for this macro. If you have any further questions, please, do not hesitate to ask.
Attachments
Diagram 2.jpg
Diagram 2.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
Diagram 1.jpg
Diagram 1.jpg (51.09 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
Directions.png
Directions.png (182.72 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
ldemiurge

Re: I need a macro built for FreeCAD, complete with gui interface...

Post by ldemiurge »

I am willing to pay for services rendered.
onekk
Veteran

Re: I need a macro built for FreeCAD, complete with gui interface...

Post by onekk »

We could talk on it on PM, it is not clear what do you want, but I think it could be done.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/