Transcribe part from Onshape to Freecad + video

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dublya

Transcribe part from Onshape to Freecad + video

Post by dublya »

Hi everyone,

I have 3 parts that a friend designed for me in onshape. I'd like someone to redraw them in freecad and make a video talking through the process.

Going forward I will be iterating on the parts, so there would be some more work then.

Here's the model: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/92a2e ... 0bf10aca02

I'd prefer to pay for the job rather than the time, but open to however you like to work.

Happy to answer any questions, though I am not familiar with onshape. I like working in freecad, but its been a few years, and I am quite rusty.

REVISION 5/23:

Based on some good questions in pm, I wanted to provide an example file to show how I build models and how I like this one built.. unless you have a better way. In short I only use 3 workbenches: Part Design, Sketcher, and Spreadsheet. I put all my dimensions in spreadsheet.

The example file is a simple model of an ikea flashlight with a simple suction cup mount:
https://mega.nz/file/TOR1FYJB#Aday7uu5r ... GfgMTkr8PU

I thought I had a good example of a screencast of how to build a model from scratch, but I can't find one. So I may make one as an example.
Last edited by dublya on Sun May 23, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Transcribe part from Onshape to Freecad + video

Post by adrianinsaval »

I'm interested and have sent you a pm
dublya

Re: Transcribe part from Onshape to Freecad + video

Post by dublya »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm I'm interested and have sent you a pm
thanks!