Help wanted: wheel model

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
coreform

Help wanted: wheel model

Post by coreform »

Hello FreeCAD community!

I am looking to hire someone to model a wheel similar to this one in FreeCAD: https://grabcad.com/library/classic-car-wheel-1

Requirements:

1) Fully-parametrized CAD model
2) Able to parameterize based on customer-specified driving dimensions
3) Provide a clean, well-organized FreeCAD Python script

I will provide 2D drawings and reference CAD model (STEP).

Ask any questions here, or feel free to contact me directly at censored by admin, use PM instead with your hourly rate and a rough estimate of how long you think this might take you. Thank you!

Matt
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Help wanted: wheel model

Post by chrisb »

Hi Matt,
it is uncommon to add an email address here, so I removed it to protect you from loads of spam. Other members can contact you by private message - which will even create an email if you have configured your account as such (that's probably the default).

If you really want to show it publicly, edit your post and reenter it, and receive my apologies for the inconvenience.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

What do you need the Python script for? If you want to be able to modify the dimensions and so on easily, a Spreadsheet would work too I think.
coreform

Post by coreform »

Thanks Chris for looking out for me :)

As a bit more background, we will be using FreeCAD in a sizing-optimization process within the DAKOTA optimization framework, using their Python analysis driver interface to control the process execution. A properly parameterized model should allow us to directly change parameter values and update the model. In traditional CAD applications, an accessible API + parameters would be sufficient. However, we're intrigued by the extensive Python interface and may heavily utilize this interface either in this project or future work. We are new to FreeCAD, but have extensive developer/programming experience. So we will use the Python script as a form of documentation, if not directly within the optimization routine.

That being said, the main objective is to have a model that is compatible with this optimization workflow described above. Python script is highly desirable but perhaps not required.
annswiss

Post by annswiss »

can I get the contact details of someone from whom I can get a practical session too ?
Please say here