Okay, the new start page is now merged in master.
Things to know:
- The start WB now has a preferences page, where you can customize all the colors
- You can use a custom background image
- You can also use your very own HTML file and therefore fully customize your start page (for ex. for schools or companies). I'll write some docs about how it can be customized to show some FreeCAD contents
- You can add a custom folder to the documents tab, for ex. where you keep your "template" models
- You can make the start page automatically close, and switch to another WB when opening a document from the documents tab
- You can also make the start page not show when FreeCAD is openend by double-clicking a file in your desktop file browser
- Pablo Gil's stylesheets are supported. However, they will need to be adapted to theme the homepage as well. Basically, some of the contents of https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... rtPage.css
will need to be copied/adapted to the qss files
- You can display the last posts from the forum in the activity tab. This is turned off by default. Not sure it is very useful (it is much less readable than going on the forum), but it can be a good thin to lure new FreeCAD users into participating
Hope you'll like, tell me what you think, and report any problem!