Icons for User Edit Mode

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Icons for User Edit Mode

Post by Roy_043 »

Well, it is a bit confusing when documentation precedes the release of a tool in the weekly builds (that are not necessarily refreshed every week), both for people working on the Wiki and the average users of the Wiki. And when new GUI images are uploaded you do not expect them to be updated within 6 weeks.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Dev version is updated on a daily basis for Ubuntu and others. Should these users wait for every weekly builds to be available to get the documentation?
Regarding icons, they are not updated yet (and it may take several days to me as I have other modifications to include in the PR).
Please be clear on the rules of the wiki as you're asking me to proceed on a total opposite way of what you're doing yourself.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

In many ways you are right and I also update the wiki as bug-fixes are merged. So criticizing you for doing the same does not make sense and I apologize for that. And also for being impatient with the Std_UserEditMode page. I was too eager to get it off my to-do list.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 pm In many ways you are right and I also update the wiki as bug-fixes are merged. So criticizing you for doing the same does not make sense and I apologize for that. And also for being impatient with the Std_UserEditMode page. I was too eager to get it off my to-do list.
PR is running so hopefully the icons of the wiki will be up-to-date. :) https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/5110
Anyway, much respect for all your hard work on the wiki. ;)
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

bitacovir wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:11 pm Here you are the plain SVG files.
Std_UserEditModeTransform.svg
Std_UserEditModeCutting.svg
Std_UserEditModeColor.svg
Std_EditModeDefault.svg
Many thanks. It's on its way now. :)