ExtremeProDark

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD

Moderator: agryson

MisterMaker

ExtremeProDark

Post by MisterMaker »

The ProDark preference pack is in my opinion the best! And I am really thankful for @turn211 who made it but I need to make my own theme for my icon packs.
So I just took the code and I hacked my own together.
FreeCAD_cU16ybCGWD.png
FreeCAD_cU16ybCGWD.png (418.4 KiB) Viewed 852 times
The reason I worked on it was because I can incorporate my Icon theme's into a stylesheet with linkbranch and I need it if I want to use the workbench tabs where I am working on. Realthunder added some code that it would make it possible to replace the complete tab of the workbench with custom icons.
I also was a bit annoyed about the amount of space was lost by padding in the icons, screenspace I rather use for something usefull.
When I was done I compared it with no stylesheet, and it was pretty much the same. So I kinda just removed the padding on the icons. :D
I also did some minor tweaks like changing light gray to white on some places and minimizing the fold out icon space. And making the tabs a bit more clear from active to inactive. And the scrollbars are bit darker. Also red outline on the tooltip, which was totally an accident but I kinda like it now.
Below shot from Linkstage with my custom icons:
FreeCADLink_mAmZMp9E12.png
FreeCADLink_mAmZMp9E12.png (381.31 KiB) Viewed 852 times
I was thinking about calling it ExtremeProDark so people know it is like ProDark but more EXTREME. Maybe someone can make the lite version the S version and the light version too :lol: .
I have added the zip file but I have not tested it at all, so use at own risk.
Attachments
Stylesheets.zip
(12.88 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
MisterMaker

Re: ExtremeProDark

Post by MisterMaker »

I have put my files on a git, if it was up to me it can be added too the addons manager.
I am not really sure why the other [preference packs don't include the stylesheet. Maybe because it is in the main repro? I also included the overlay theme that is for Linkstage. Not sure if this is an issue?
Link:
https://github.com/MisterMakerNL/ExtremeProDark
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I'm bit annoyed that the 2 preference packs in the addon explorer both have this bug:
I posted a fix in the pro dark thread, but the developer has seems to left the chat.
But also the behave dark has this.
It totally screws up every menu.

Would be nice if someone could fix that or at least place my version with the fix in the addon browser.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

what's the fix?
obelisk79

Post by obelisk79 »

If I remember right, there is an alignment issue when you apply your 'fix' while looking at the View > ToolBars submenu also the treeview submenu. I think the problem I struggled with most was when toggle checkmarks and icons were mixed in a menu/submenu. But when you just don't define the menu padding at all everything just 'works'. Strange behavior.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Those checkmarks now just replaces the icons, which is weird but the theme fix for this is breaking more than fixing.