Start Page Redesign

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Start Page Redesign

Post by chrisb »

If I change the language I get errors in report view. This is independent from the direction, English->Deutsch or Deutsch->English:

Code: Select all

Unhandled unknown exception caught in GUIApplication::notify.
The event type 113 was sent to QMenu
Object tree:
	QMenu (&Edit) is child of
	QMenuBar is child of
	Gui::MainWindowUnhandled unknown exception caught in GUIApplication::notify.
Object tree:
	QMenuBar is child of
Object tree:
	QMenuBar is child of
Object tree:
	QMenuBar is child of
	Gui::MainWindow
There is no message in either language shown on restart of FreeCAD.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

@Chrisb, thanks for the feedback.

Tested @RogerK's Startpage files on a Windows 10 box last night and all icons appeared correctly.

I'm still going to build a vanilla Windows 7 SP1 box for my own peace of mind but due to current workload it'll be tomorrow before I can give any feedback.
RogerK

Post by RogerK »

yorik wrote: Ping
Yorik can you please merge the two files from https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 59#p279759 into master? This should fix the Icon issue with the Windows Conda Build.

@Chrisb: I don't have this error messages in the report view when I switch between English -> Deutsch and vice versa. The report view stays empty.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

RogerK wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 pm @Chrisb: I don't have this error messages in the report view when I switch between English -> Deutsch and vice versa. The report view stays empty.
Mac version is not quite up-to-date, but I have hope that peterl and looo can fix it for 0.18 stable. You may remind me to retest it before the release.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

RogerK wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 pm Yorik can you please merge the two files from https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 59#p279759 into master?
Done. git commit 3f51e25b2
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

The installed.png for the installed addons still needs to be added...

So it works on windows, has it been tested on other platforms, is everything working there? I guess the problem is that since we don't exactly know why this was a problem on windows, we can also not be sure if this was a proper solution :|
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

I'd never clicked the Authorize FreeCAD to access the internet in the time I've used FreeCAD hence the reason why I didn't notice the missing icons on Saturday, apologies.

I think @Yorik has a flavour of Linux and wouldn't put through a commit unless he had tested it first himself. Along with Chrisb's feedback on MacOS there has at least been a decent variety of tests but I'm sure we could always do more.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Now that I've seen the Installed.png doesn't display, a far more important issue is apparent. While the Workbenches highlighted as installed are not wrong there are a number missing. So in my case A2plus, DesignSPHysics, FCGear, Glass, Manipulator and Sheetmetal are showing as Installed in The AddOn Manager but don't show up as installed in the Start Page.
efyx

Post by efyx »

One thing I've noticed. When I drag and drop file to start page, it is not opening - and IMO should. Only dropping to the tab bar opens file dragged from disk.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Several external workbenches have non-standard workbench name probably.
If someone fancies installing all the addons, then paste here the results of:

Code: Select all

FreeCADGui.listWorkbenches()
That would be a huge help!