Toolbar icon size 24px?

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Toolbar icon size 24px?

Post by Jee-Bee »

i can't build on my mac. i have a realy old(2008) one so i never set up an build environment...
agryson

Post by agryson »

Jee-Bee wrote:i can't build on my mac. i have a realy old(2008) one so i never set up an build environment...
I understand, I can't build on my laptop either, only on my main PC. We'll just hope that someone with a Mac can build and test. My Debian build works fine.

For those joining, there is a potential fix that can be built for testing. For those who can, please test and report back.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

agryson wrote: For those joining, there is a potential fix that can be built for testing. For those who can, please test and report back.
I will test this on Win.
Interestingly I have different defaults of 24 and 30 on two different Win7 systems. 30 is the default on the system with higher resolution display?
"fight the good fight"
agryson

Post by agryson »

sgrogan wrote:I will test this on Win.
Interestingly I have different defaults of 24 and 30 on two different Win7 systems. 30 is the default on the system with higher resolution display?
Thank you, yes I was afraid it might be a HDPI thing... but all my systems were 24 regardless of screen resolution... let us know how the tests go.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NVIDIA Quatro 4100M @ 1920 x 1080 for the 30 default. Does this qualify as HDPI?
I'll check the other system tomorrow if you don't figure it out by then.
For changes to Edit parameters to take effect, You must "save to disk" then close and re-start FreeCAD. Any changes in edit preferences reverts to the default. BTW on this system 20 x 20 is perfect.
"fight the good fight"
agryson

Post by agryson »

sgrogan wrote:NVIDIA Quatro 4100M @ 1920 x 1080 for the 30 default. Does this qualify as HDPI?.
If that's the native screen resolution, then no, that's not hdpi normally. I can add a greater range of sizes to handle the 20px case but would like to see if we've solved/avoided the cute problem first.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

agryson wrote:I can add a greater range of sizes to handle the 20px case but would like to see if we've solved/avoided the cute problem first.
It would be nice to add a Custom Icon size were the user can specify a value :D
Maurice
agryson

Post by agryson »

easyw-fc wrote:It would be nice to add a Custom Icon size were the user can specify a value :D
Actually, I was thinking of seeing if we could have a slider with 2px or 4px increments (to prevent anti aliasing issues).
A truly custom value would still be possible, via property editor, but the preferences would remain simple.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Win Test build here: https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/rele ... icon-sizes
24px is still the default on the system that was 24 to begin with. Now if a change is made in the parameter editor and then a change is made in edit prefs the value reverts to 16 px, first in the list? Note any change in prefs, like enable/disable the splash screen, changes the icon size to what is shown in the icon size prefs box.
I will test on the 30 px default system in some hours.
EDIT: fixed wrong terminology
Last edited by sgrogan on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"fight the good fight"
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:Win Test build here: https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/rele ... icon-sizes
Note any change in prefs, like enable/disable the splash screen, changes the icon size to what is shown in the icon size prefs box.
I will test on the 30 px default system in some hours.
I can confirm that on 30px default system with the new build, the 24px value is correctly assigned as Medium value :D
Thx
Maurice