Command panel

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Command panel

Post by Jee-Bee »

efyx wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm Every now and again I am posting for OK/cancel button under RMB to nawigate without moving mouse to left menu. Do you think such functionality would be usefull in piemenu to accept something or discard?
Agree + 10 asked also about it ... but then no reaction :(
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm Works like a charm :D
Good to hear that.
please add invoke key and this would be perfect :)
This isn't all that hard to add therefore i will add it (likely weekend). Launcher already has it and now when Shortcuts module can tackle shortcuts directly. I can set some default invoke shortcuts (Launcher, PieMenu, Command Panel ...) tied to (modifier plus) Q key.
Every now and again I am posting for OK/cancel button under RMB to nawigate without moving mouse to left menu. Do you think such functionality would be usefull in piemenu to accept something or discard?
Jee-Bee wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:14 pm Agree + 10 asked also about it ... but then no reaction :(
From Command panel or PieMenu perspective. I guess if someday this buttons would be based on QActions (with a unique name). It would be possible to use them in Command panel or PieMenu. ATM i am not interested in investigating this further.
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 am
I found problem with your piemenu, because invoke "key" is tab I cannot use "tab" in combo view. If I am in combo box - piemenu tab invoke key should be disabled.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm I found problem with your piemenu, because invoke "key" is tab I cannot use "tab" in combo view. If I am in combo box - piemenu tab invoke key should be disabled.
Such things should be posted to PieMenu thread. Yes it was already reported in the past that Tab key isn't the best choice. Default invoke shortcut key will be set to Q in the future (and you will be able to change it with ShortCuts module). I haven't had much time for FreeCAD in the past week. But will try to increase the development progress in the following days.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I added basic invoke key support (Ctrl+Q).

P.S. To set custom key combination use ShortCuts module.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

triplus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 am I added basic invoke key support (Ctrl+Q).
cmd + q(assumbtion that it works that way) is close app on OSX and probaby other linux too... could it be another key combination?
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Does Ctrl+Q key combination close FreeCAD on macOS? I need a sensible default key combinations for PieMenu, setting Launcher focus, Command Panel invoke key and ShortCuts overlay feature.

PieMenu: Q
Launcher focus: Ctrl+Shift+Q
Command Panel invoke: Ctrl+Q
ShortCuts overlay feature: Shift+Q

P.S. Suggestions welcomed.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

No for most shortcuts ctr is changed to cmd. but cmd+Q is closing a program on OSX. and on linux is ctrl+q also closing a program. and that makes it for me a shortcut i don't like...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

The reason i asked for macOS is because on Linux Alt+F4 is set to close FreeCAD. Anyway i have just set some default shortcuts for modules mentioned above. And based on the feedback that can be further fine tuned in the future.
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:41 am PieMenu: Q
Launcher focus: Ctrl+Shift+Q
Command Panel invoke: Ctrl+Q
ShortCuts overlay feature: Shift+Q
Command panel with invoke works well for me - this is really cool, but I would like to: when command panel is invoked floating it would close when click outside of it (so invoke key will be used) else if docked then it is still till close from [x]

and one suggestion for invoke keys, becasue shfit+q isn't intuitive and quite hard combination for fingers set (It should have easy access) maybe better would be ~, Ctrl+Shift+~, Ctrl+~, Shift+~ because mostly hand is on the edge of keyboard. Please consider that.