Because there aren't enouth similar project already
I created my own selection macro: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23307
- Select solid/face/edge/vertex from a list (context menu).
- List only shows sub-objects intersecting a imaginary ray from the camara through the cursor.
- Highlight with preselect (not select). The item is not selected until the user clicks on the item in the context menu.
- Make object tranparent if it isn't already for the duration of the list select.
- Activate preselect for the duration of the list select.
- Only python.
However, highlighting of solids and edges don't work atm. I'm running out of time and don't know of an easy solution for that problem. If you know of something please let me know in the topic I posted above. There I also posted a more detailed description of the problem. As soon as that is fixed I'm going to convert it to a module and provide a settings page to make it easier to use. Also I'm going to try to get it into the Addon manager.