Sketcher constraints sometimes prevent selecting points

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Bayesian

Sketcher constraints sometimes prevent selecting points

Post by Bayesian »

I sometimes have the issue that constraint symbols and their numbers, especially two-digit numbers, can obscure the points they are attached to. The solution currently is to find the constraint in the constraint list and hide it.

Maybe it would be a good idea to refine rendering the constraint symbols? A bit more of a distance could be nice.

Or the constraints could move a little out of the way when the cursor comes close to the point.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Sketcher constraints sometimes prevent selecting points

Post by chrisb »

Faster than hiding the constraint is to zoom in select and zoom out. Especially the mode "Zoom at cursor" helps.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Bayesian

Post by Bayesian »

I normally only soom with the mousewheel, and the geometry positions do scale, but the Constraint symbols and numbers don't. So I can zoom in all I want, the problem persists. I may have to provide a screenshot next time I run into this.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Bayesian wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:31 pm I may have to provide a screenshot next time I run into this.
Yes please.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.