[SOLVED] Arch Linux Ultrawide + 4K monitor UI Font Help

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
erenner

[SOLVED] Arch Linux Ultrawide + 4K monitor UI Font Help

Post by erenner »

Hello everyone,
I have added an additional monitor which has a 4k res.

When I move FreeCAD Beta 19.19691 to the 4K monitor, the UI looks OK except that the system fonts are tiny. I know FreeCAD well enough that I can live with that until it gets fixed.
The problem is that the ultrawide 1440p monitor seems to think that it is 4k as well and scales the system font to a level that is unusable.

If anyone happens to use a similar setup and has figured out a fix then please share your solution because I'd love to run FreeCAD on the ultrawide display if I can.

Additional info (if it helps with troubleshooting). Firefox displays correctly on the ultrawide 1440p display and moving the browser to the 4k monitor scales it down as expected. The same is true for all apps. Only FreeCAD "reverses" the scaling and enlarges the UI on the 4K display.

The ultrawide monitor is my default and FreeCAD stsarts on that display by default. Before I added the second monitor, everything was perfect. Thanks for any pointers that help me with making the necessary adjustments. - Ernst
erenner

Re: [SOLVED] Arch Linux Ultrawide + 4K monitor UI Font Help

Post by erenner »

Good news,
when I started the program today, I saw right away that the fonts looked tiny on the 4K panel BUT nice on the ultrawide 1440p display.
And happiness has once again returned to my little world. :)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: [SOLVED] Arch Linux Ultrawide + 4K monitor UI Font Help

Post by adrianinsaval »

was that after an update of freecad or the OS?