I made this topic as a result of this post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p434615
I have no special authority or control over what happens on this forum. This post is made in my name, but with the honest intention to contribute and help. If anyone feels uncomfortable about this post, it should be discussed with the forum's admins. If a decision will be taken to be deleted, I am perfectly fine with that.
*For admins: if you will be kind enough to offer your help in maintaining this thread clean, it will be into all our benefit. Thank you.
The aim of this thread is to have all FreeCAD Logo Proposals in one place, so when time comes, we could do a poll and choose the most adequate logo for a fresh look of FreeCAD. Therefore:
PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES:
1. ONLY Logo Proposals.
2. One Logo per post (as in logo style, but multiple variants of the same style are accepted)
3. Please NO replies, comments or any other post that is NOT A LOGO proposal.
For discussions around logos there is the dedicated thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28941
4. We are all creative people, but this isn't DeviantArt.
If you feel really creative, please pick your best five.
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST HERE:
- Your own work only. Even if a proposal is extraordinary and you wish it would be here, please refrain from posting in the name of another person. The reason is that if the logo gets selected, most probably the author's intervention will be required. Abandoned posts or accounts wouldn't help anyone.
- Make your post as complex as you like, post variants if you consider them relevant, but for the purpose of easier indexing, each logo style should be contained to one post. This is NOT a Work-In-Progress thread, but for the final ideas. Please see Guideline (3) above for the Logo Design Thread.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you also update the logo in SVG format!! No logos will be considered if the source (SVG) isn't uploaded too.
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAPPEN NEXT:
There are quite a few poll-creation websites, some free, some paid. The one I found and allows creation of image polls is this one: http://www.anonvote.com/create_image_poll
After this thread will collect enough proposals, myself or anyone who will be willing to, will prepare all images from each listing here and will fill in the poll. Also, the permalink of each proposal will be added as caption for the poll option (in this way it will be easy to find the author of the work).
Following that, the poll link should be made public here on the forum, for the people to vote their favorite.
It is my hope that popular vote will matter for the developers, but at the same time specialist and educated opinion will be weighted before making a decision.