Touch screen multi selection

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Touch screen multi selection

Post by Kunda1 »

This is cool! I'm not qualified to review this but it i didn't take much code to achieve the PoC.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
hyarion

Post by hyarion »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 am This is cool! I'm not qualified to review this but it i didn't take much code to achieve the PoC.
Thanks!

How is it decided if UX features like this is something we want to include in FC?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

DeepSOIC wrote: pinged by pinger macro
Care to weigh in ?

edit: see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 65#p463371
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

looks good to me, sorry i can't test now.

I'm not very interested in this feature personally, because i don't like detachable keyboards, but i like this small change.
hyarion

Post by hyarion »

DeepSOIC wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:49 pm looks good to me, sorry i can't test now.

I'm not very interested in this feature personally, because i don't like detachable keyboards, but i like this small change.
After finishing up the PR, I tested it for about half an hour and I haven’t been able to get check selections and check marks out of sync.

The only odd behavior I found during testing was that you can drag select over several checkboxes to quickly select multiple items. After one is selected it will try to drag-n-drop them instead (I think it works because the drag event is initiated before the object is selected, hence nothing can be dragged).
However, I think this is an unintended feature rather than a bug :)

PR can be accessed here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4250
bartekdko

Post by bartekdko »

this is what we need ;) . I have seen somewhere added "eye" to turn on/off visibility as well.
its not the problem with typing numbers because in surface is popping out but ctrl require to change keyboard type then press permanent ctrl.

I don't know how about the other tablets . I reckon that small virtual numeric keyboard popping out when value cell is beeing chosen would be awesome for touchscreen users.

I don't know how to compile and use your code but regarding your video I can say spot on!

regard
Kundalini.... :idea: