New ProDark Theme with 4k small text Mod

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
turn211

Re: New ProDark Theme with 4k small text Mod

Post by turn211 »

ProDark-FreeCAD-theme is now complete for all intents and purposes. Looks Great! I will continue to use ProDark-FreeCAD-theme in FreeCAD and other OpenSource software with my study of "Is OpenSource Software Viable for Residential Housing Design and Construction" Thanks to everyone that helped along the way. Will stay in touch in the Forum but will be busy with work related endeavors from now forward (I'm a House Designer/Builder/Contractor). As always you can get the latest at https://github.com/turn211/ProDark-FreeCAD-theme
is_opensource_residential_house_design_viable.png
is_opensource_residential_house_design_viable.png (922.5 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
Meetlat

Post by Meetlat »

Thank you! Do you know if it is possible to style the top the Window/Pop-ups? Where you read 'Freecad 0.19' and 'Preferences'
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

Just as a reminder how great this thing looks, I have recently shown FreeCAD's capabilities to a colleague of mine.

His initial reaction was "Is that FreeCAD? that's not FreeCAD, FreeCAD looks bad and unpolished! that looks like PayCAD!"

Obviously he was joking...but was he really? at any rate his reaction to the theme itself was quite positive I would say :)
turn211

Post by turn211 »

Meetlat wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 am Thank you! Do you know if it is possible to style the top the Window/Pop-ups? Where you read 'Freecad 0.19' and 'Preferences'
Your are most welcome. Those are Windows Titlebars that get painted a lighter colour when inactive (not focused) . When clicked on (focused) the Titlebar will turn dark as per Windows 10 theme, not FreeCAD theme. Titlebars are all all controlled by Windows.

Edited: Grammar
Last edited by turn211 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turn211

Post by turn211 »

RatonLaveur wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am Just as a reminder how great this thing looks, I have recently shown FreeCAD's capabilities to a colleague of mine.

His initial reaction was "Is that FreeCAD? that's not FreeCAD, FreeCAD looks bad and unpolished! that looks like PayCAD!"

Obviously he was joking...but was he really? at any rate his reaction to the theme itself was quite positive I would say :)
Thanks! That was the intention. People naturally gravitate to something that looks finished. I recently showed a housing subdivision in FreeCAD to developers. While viewing the developer asked what "Program i was using?" I said FreeCAD. He said "Looks cool....and complicated" :lol: I said yes it is.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

We have been waiting for you and we're glad you're here. Such great work!

edit:
can we get recommendations for colors to use in the consoles? (That only be set in the preferences)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
turn211

Post by turn211 »

Here are the User Colors that that ProDark Theme looks good with. Start with these colors and modify if necessary. Input the colors in Preferences with the following;

Code: Select all

Preferences > General > Editor 
Text = #d4d4d4
Bookmark = #00ffff
Breakpoint = #ff0000
Keyword = #569cd6
Comment = #6a9955
Block Comment = #ce9178
Number = #b5cea8
String = #ce9178
Character = #ff0000
Class name = #4ec9b0
Define name = #dcdcaa
Operator = #d4d4d4
Python Output = #aaaa7f
Python error = #fd7c62
Current line highlight = #2a2a2a

Preference > General > Output window
Normal Messages = #d4d4d4
Log messages = #55aaff
Warnings = #fd7c62
Errors = #ff0000

Preferences > Display > Colors
Enable preselection highlighting = #e1e114
Enable selection highlighting = #1cad1c
Simple color = #3c3c3c
Object being edited = #ce9178
Active container = #ff55ff

Prefences > Start > Start page options
Background color = #3c3c3c
Background text color = #fffbf7
Page background color = #333333
Page text color = #adadad
Box background color = #3c3c3c
Link color = #55aaff

Preferences > Sketcher > Colors
Reference constraint color = #00aaff
Coordinate text color = #55aaff
I'll add this to GitHub as soon as possible. Not enough time in the day :lol:

Edit: Updated Current line highlight = #2a2a2a
Last edited by turn211 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Nice! thank you for all your hard work!

Now if we only could turn this in to a script that safely backs-up and duplicates the user.cfg file and then imports these new colors in to it. That would be useful.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
turn211

Post by turn211 »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:19 pm Nice! thank you for all your hard work!

Now if we only could turn this in to a script that safely backs-up and duplicates the user.cfg file and then imports these new colors in to it. That would be useful.
Thanks. An import export feature would be the way to go. Parse all the User changeable colors in user.cfg into a file to import export. Place this feature in Preferences > General > Main window underneath Tree view mode: Also IMHO Style sheet should be changed to Theme as the common user doesn't know what a Style sheet is. Gotta run.
turn211

Post by turn211 »

While working on drawings tonight i saw some elements that needed some useability and colour tweaks (blue=selecting or selected). BIM, Workbench Picker and other Misc. Get at https://github.com/turn211/ProDark-FreeCAD-theme
Attachments
ProDark_upd12.gif
ProDark_upd12.gif (868.71 KiB) Viewed 2293 times