New ProDark Theme with 4k small text Mod

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
watsug

Re: New ProDark Theme with 4k small text Mod

Post by watsug »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 pm
watsug wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 am Ok, that's unfortunate. I'm using regular Ubuntu with Gnome. These are the colors I'm using for the Python Editor, copied straight from my user.cfg, if anyone wants to replicate:
Can you paste your full user.cfg to the a pastebin? Or just post the full excerpt that holds the configs section to this thread?
I'd like to see what XML group these are in:
<FCUInt Name>
Sure here it is: https://pastebin.com/jJ8g0k9K
Petrikas

Post by Petrikas »

Hello! Thank you for your work on this stylesheet!
I'm creating an 'alternative' Vertical UI for LinkStage3, I've been modifying Darker-Orange stylesheet until FreeCADNews on twitter showed me your (subjectively) superior stylesheet. Great work so far, I just need to make sure I keep up to date with your fast progress.

I do have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to (knowing the awkward way that the stylesheets need to be developed)

1. Have you accidentally found what controls the Workbench Dropdown items? I can change the highlight colour and the background, etc. But I am not able to increase the spacing between the items, as all workbenches in the dropdown are counted as one big chunk object (QAbstractItemView).
sc 2021-02-22 19_56_13.jpg
sc 2021-02-22 19_56_13.jpg (46.57 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
It should be something along the lines of, but it's completely ignored.

Code: Select all

QToolBar > QComboBox QAbstractItemView{
or

QToolBar > QComboBox QAbstractItemView::item{
2. Same for these dropdowns in the toolbar. They're controlled by QMenu::item, but I'd like to separate them from all the 'File' menus.
Dropdown.jpg
Dropdown.jpg (40.53 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
I appreciate your work, thank you once again!
I sometimes make FreeCAD Tutorials | VertUI | MidnightUI
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Petrikas wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm
An aside, check out https://github.com/hyarion/FreeCAD_InspectWidgets
It's like chrome dev tools for qss :D
Props to @hyarion. He's also open to feature requests
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Petrikas

Post by Petrikas »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:06 pm
Petrikas wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm
An aside, check out https://github.com/hyarion/FreeCAD_InspectWidgets
It's like chrome dev tools for qss :D
Props to @hyarion. He's also open to feature requests
That's precisely what I've been trying to google for the past 3 hours! Thanks!!
I sometimes make FreeCAD Tutorials | VertUI | MidnightUI
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Petrikas wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:10 pm That's precisely what I've been trying to google for the past 3 hours! Thanks!!
Lol.. you're welcome. the credit goes to @hyarion though :ugeek:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
turn211

Post by turn211 »

Fixes for the last dev to PathsWB ans Prefs panel. Styled Spreadsheet to be easier on the eyes on intial creation as text color seems to be hard coded by default to black then User Styleable there after. Updated HyperLinks to easier to read in 19 release.
PathWB_and_Spreadsheet_polish.png
PathWB_and_Spreadsheet_polish.png (134.69 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Nice_links_man.png
Nice_links_man.png (186.06 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Nice_library_links_man.png
Nice_library_links_man.png (19.1 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
turn211

Post by turn211 »

Petrikas wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm Hello! Thank you for your work on this stylesheet!
I'm creating an 'alternative' Vertical UI for LinkStage3, I've been modifying Darker-Orange stylesheet until FreeCADNews on twitter showed me your (subjectively) superior stylesheet. Great work so far, I just need to make sure I keep up to date with your fast progress.

I do have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to (knowing the awkward way that the stylesheets need to be developed)

1. Have you accidentally found what controls the Workbench Dropdown items? I can change the highlight colour and the background, etc. But I am not able to increase the spacing between the items, as all workbenches in the dropdown are counted as one big chunk object (QAbstractItemView).

It should be something along the lines of, but it's completely ignored.

QToolBar > QComboBox QAbstractItemView{
or

QToolBar > QComboBox QAbstractItemView::item{
2. Same for these dropdowns in the toolbar. They're controlled by QMenu::item, but I'd like to separate them from all the 'File' menus.

I appreciate your work, thank you once again!
Thanks! As Kunda1 posted, FreeCAD Inspect Widget Mod https://github.com/hyarion/FreeCAD_InspectWidgets is an invaluable tool. For more deep diving you could try GammaRay https://www.kdab.com/development-resour ... /gammaray/ seems to be only available on Linux and Mac. I separated some QPushButtons from a group in the latest ProDark.qss code if you want to take a look. https://github.com/turn211/ProDark-FreeCAD-theme

Edited: grammar
st_phan

Post by st_phan »

turn211 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:26 pm Maybe a bit of colour on the New, Open, Printer, Undo etc Monochrome icons would make them look active instead of greyed out (inactive) but freaking awesome!
Wow I also really like how it turned out in your screenshot! Thanks for trying it :)
And great feedback regarding New/Open/Print/etc. ... I was already a bit unsatisfied that they don't fit the rest that nicely!

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:58 pm What a fantastic serendipity. Thank you so much for your work!
Thanks for being an awesome community! It's really sad that I am progressing slowly, but as they say "life gets in the way" :roll:
turn211

Post by turn211 »

st_phan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 am
turn211 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:26 pm Maybe a bit of colour on the New, Open, Printer, Undo etc Monochrome icons would make them look active instead of greyed out (inactive) but freaking awesome!
Wow I also really like how it turned out in your screenshot! Thanks for trying it :)
And great feedback regarding New/Open/Print/etc. ... I was already a bit unsatisfied that they don't fit the rest that nicely!

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:58 pm What a fantastic serendipity. Thank you so much for your work!
Thanks for being an awesome community! It's really sad that I am progressing slowly, but as they say "life gets in the way" :roll:
Keep up the great work! Enjoy all parts of life, even the ones that get in the way. That way life is good :)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

turn211 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:37 pm Keep up the great work! Enjoy all parts of life, even the ones that get in the way. That way life is good :)
Wise words