Panning and rotating being weird

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Fateh-Aliyev

Panning and rotating being weird

Post by Fateh-Aliyev »

I'm pretty sure no one has posted this before but my panning and rotation is acting up and I don't really know where this would go. When I open a file, the mouse seems to act normally but when I press the middle button to pan, it doesn't work but now when it only rotates when I only press the left button and not normally, when you press the center and left button. I have checked the navigation mode and it is in CAD mode, but it also doesn't work for any other mode. I am running Ubuntu 21.04 and FreeCad 0.19. I remember that I was once able to make this go away but I can't remember what it was and I reckon this would be a good reference for other users. How can I make this effect go away?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Panning and rotating being weird

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Do you have the right Mouse Model?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Fateh-Aliyev

Post by Fateh-Aliyev »

Do you have the right Mouse Model?
Yes, I am running the CAD mouse model.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You can try to reset the configuration with the button in the preferences. Another possibility is to delete your config files or to move them in case you want to restore them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Fateh-Aliyev

Post by Fateh-Aliyev »

I tried deleting the config files but the panning and rotation is still strange. I've changed the mouse model and what seems to happen is that FreeCad thinks that the middle mouse button is always pressed once I press it. It doesn't think so before I press it, but after I press it, it acts like it is always pressed.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Do you have some other USB device connected? We have seen strange events when a joystick or some gaming device is connected.