Quick suggestion for the Combo view

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tigermm

Quick suggestion for the Combo view

Post by tigermm »

Would it be possible to make it so clicking on the open task heading collapses all items?

Eg if I clicked the Base Geometry heading box then they would all come to the top ready for me to select the next one, instead of having to go down the bottom to get it.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.79 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
tigermm

Re: Quick suggestion for the Combo view

Post by tigermm »

Just realised that this is the stock behaviour in sketcher, just not in path
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Just to get the terminology correct, you're asking for the widget QGroupBoxes to be replaced with Frames in the Path task panels to be like Sketcher. In your example screenshot, Pocket 3D with the double up arrow appears to be a Frame. I can have a play to check if this is achievable but please have some patience, even if I can get it all working, I'll need to ensure it's not going to cause regressions with existing files etc.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

A QStackedWidget is also an alternative if you don't need to have several groups displayed at the same time. ;)
tigermm

Post by tigermm »

Syres wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:11 am Just to get the terminology correct, you're asking for the widget QGroupBoxes to be replaced with Frames in the Path task panels to be like Sketcher. In your example screenshot, Pocket 3D with the double up arrow appears to be a Frame. I can have a play to check if this is achievable but please have some patience, even if I can get it all working, I'll need to ensure it's not going to cause regressions with existing files etc.
Sorry, I can't say yes or no to this as I'm unsure on the difference between QGroupboxes and Frames.

If Pocket 3D is a frame, then it would be great if all the other headings under it acted the same way.