kkremitzki wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am
That's not necessarily because we don't want to, but because the effort to do so is high. If you want to move towards that direction, your contributions to do so would be appreciated.
Good to hear. So, the simplest solution could be:
- Create a root TechDraw document/workbook class/object
- Modify getters of TechDraw page fields to check whether they have a document parent and return the fields from parent
- If there's a parent, make certain fields of a page read-only/hidden. Possibly with an option to override.
- Add actions/buttons/menus to rearrange the order of TechDraw pages
- Display the page number in the object tree
Extra feature: display all the pages in a single MDI tab with Next/Prev page buttons.
After that: print all the pages in a single PDF. Possibly with ability to select page ranges to print
Somewhere in the future: deprecate rootless pages.