Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
domad
Veteran

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by domad »

Good evening to the Community!

Here are the new tools that have been added to the new version (V-0.4.4) of "TechDrawTools-multilanguage"
- Creation of oblique dimensions in series and parallel coordinates;
- Alignment of dimensions in oblique series;
- Spacing of parallel oblique coordinate dimensions;
- Creates an area annotation formed by a closed polyline, we inform you that this function represents a first draft of the tool, therefore it can be subject to calculation errors and inaccuracies.
Furthermore, the non-functioning in the presence of curves is highlighted, therefore it is recommended to pay the utmost attention and check the result obtained.
The attached * .gifs show how the new tools work.
As already mentioned by @edi, a first attempt is being made to integrate some tools directly into the TechDraw interface.
A greeting
Attachments
creates oblique dimensions.gif
creates oblique dimensions.gif (391.75 KiB) Viewed 5375 times
alignment of oblique dimensions.gif
alignment of oblique dimensions.gif (557.76 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
create_area_annotation.gif
create_area_annotation.gif (688.21 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
create_balloon_area_annotation.gif
create_balloon_area_annotation.gif (784.17 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
Last edited by domad on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edi

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by edi »

@Syres: I have recognised the problem and your solution. Thank you for the idea and creating the PR.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

Good evening to the Community!
……..Example of symbolic drawing of a metric thread M20x2,5 - UNI 4535-64, whose useful length is 33,75 mm complete with symbolic drawing of the 60 ° terminal.
The detail of the 60 ° terminal in a standard representation could be omitted.
The symbolism, as shown by the attached * .gif, is completely generated in TechDraw with the help of TechDrawTools.
Attachments
Create_symbolic_thread M20x2_5.gif
Create_symbolic_thread M20x2_5.gif (970.01 KiB) Viewed 5341 times
final_part_symbolic_thread_at_60 °.gif
final_part_symbolic_thread_at_60 °.gif (776.14 KiB) Viewed 5341 times
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

Is there the possibility of creating a workflow to obtain the same thread with the same methods and dimensions (all construction on TechDraw without any reference based on Draft and / or Sketcher) if the pin is positioned obliquely (with any inclination)?
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

domad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 pm Is there the possibility of creating a workflow to obtain the same thread with the same methods and dimensions (all construction on TechDraw without any reference based on Draft and / or Sketcher) if the pin is positioned obliquely (with any inclination)?
Good morning to the Community!
.... it is really surprising that no one has replied, so I ask the question again in the certainty that someone can give an answer.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Could you share a "manual" example? Maybe a seperate thread would be a good idea.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

M4x wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 am .........
Hello M4x, good morning to the Community!
I apologize for the delay in replying.
Thank you for the advice (I reflected), I think it is more useful to stay in this topic to extend the examples on the functions of the TechDrawTools.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

From my understanding you don't have a solution to share here. Therefore I'd still suggest a seperate thread ;)
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

Greetings to the Community!

...... I am waiting patiently, despite the "reasonable advice" of M4x ;)
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

domad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 pm Good evening to the Community!

Here are the new tools that have been added to the new version (V-0.4.4) of "TechDrawTools-multilanguage"
- Creation of oblique dimensions in series and parallel coordinates;
- Alignment of dimensions in oblique series;
- Spacing of parallel oblique coordinate dimensions;
- Creates an area annotation formed by a closed polyline, we inform you that this function represents a first draft of the tool, therefore it can be subject to calculation errors and inaccuracies.
Furthermore, the non-functioning in the presence of curves is highlighted, therefore it is recommended to pay the utmost attention and check the result obtained.
The attached * .gifs show how the new tools work.
As already mentioned by @edi, a first attempt is being made to integrate some tools directly into the TechDraw interface.
A greeting
This is very useful for architecture technical drawings. I tried and works fine. Can I make some suggestions?
1)Can you do something to create cosmetics axes drawings like Arch Axis?
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Arch_Axis
Maybe you could do something to insert easily a balloon with a number on top of a endline.
2) can you create a cosmetic >, <, V, X on and area? this symbols are used to represent openings orientations and the X is used for empty areas with no slab or floor (gaps, shafts, etc.). X is also used to represent timber sections.
3) Also annotations need more improvement but I don't want to ask too much. :)

Great work!
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project