The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Tandini

Re: The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Post by Tandini »

In the described workflow I came across another issue:
Is it true that TechDraw View isn't able to fully resolve relative positioning?
I createt an assembly with main and sub parts (first the 'classical' way - second started to rebuild it with Assembly 4 workbench). But in both cases the result is identical.

TechDrawView01.png
TechDrawView01.png (254.9 KiB) Viewed 898 times

It is locically for me to set the 'z' property of the main part and to position subparts relative to the main part.
When I create a TechDraw View of the whole assembly all goes well.
The screenshot shows the result after changing the source of the view to solely 'MountingParts' to be shown ...
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Post by wandererfan »

Tandini wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:58 am Another thougt: Is it possible to control the z-order of the TechDraw parts? Let's say to move the template topmost?
(Of course I can do this by editing the exported PDF-file with inkscape for examle)
Thought we already had a ticket for this, but I couldn't find it. issue #4208
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Re: TechDraw Comments from Feature Announcement

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

bavariaSHAPE wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:56 pm
efyx wrote: 4) Tolerances I would see it as in "drawing diemnsioning" but with few addons.

7) Welding symbols - we can discuss how they should be created because there a lot of informations.
Hello everyone,

I have read the discussion about "shape and position tolerance symbols" here. The first symbols I have released in the meantime for the first test. Two editable tolerance fields are also available.

I tested the symbols with the last stable FreeCad 0.16 for Win 7. With the version 0.17 for Win 7 I had some problems.

I use the symbol library and the macro from yorik.

If the text in the editable fields has been changed, use the macro Macro Force Recompute.

In the next time, I'm going to create additional symbols, that are needed for different construction areas.

I do not know if these symbols can be used in the form. I just use it in a project.

:idea: Achim
Hi Achim,
please could you describe me how to use the macro and the svg library.
Please with some pictures for better understanding, and how to add to a Techdraw drawing.
Thank you so much.
Best regards
Wilfried