TechDraw Wiki Pages

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
wandererfan

Re: TechDraw Wiki Pages

Postby wandererfan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm

uwestoehr wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am
The term "line" confused me and now that I know what ISO stands for, I see that in most places they call it "curve". I think the term "curve" makes is clear what is meant. OK that I rename it?
OpenCascade uses line.

Code: Select all

HLRBRep_HLRToShape (const Handle< HLRBRep_Algo > &A)
TopoDS_Shape IsoLineVCompound()
TopoDS_Shape IsoLineHCompound ()
We should stay consistent with OCC, even though the things are curves in the general case, and only become line segments in special cases.

I've never had a question about these lines. Not sure they are used much in real life.
Then let's just remove it from the UI file for now. OK that I make a PR?
Sure.
I cannot find a way to get this color on creation time. When I create a new section View I always get the section cut hatched. Where can I set that new sections get the cut plane colored?

Code: Select all

CutSurfaceDisplay.setEnums(CutSurfaceEnums);
    ADD_PROPERTY_TYPE(CutSurfaceDisplay,((long)2),fgroup, App::Prop_None, "Appearance of Cut Surface");
Hard coded to 2/SvgHatch. Should be a preference for initial value. Will add a preference entry.
There is a bug because setting the color to blue, creating a new section view does not color the section line. Also, the view containing the section line has no property to change the section line color.
QGISectionLine has the wrong preference path. Fix in progress. IMO we don't need a property on the individual views. Why would you use different coloured lines on different sections?
uwestoehr

Postby uwestoehr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:12 pm

wandererfan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm
OpenCascade uses line.
OK then.
Hard coded to 2/SvgHatch. Should be a preference for initial value. Will add a preference entry.
Thanks.
uwestoehr

Postby uwestoehr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 pm

wandererfan wrote:
IMO we don't need a property on the individual views. Why would you use different coloured lines on different sections?
I won't need it. But that doesn't mean other users want this.
I think everything that can be set using the preferences should be changeable vie properties. No matter if we think people will use it or not.
renatorivo

Postby renatorivo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 pm

uwestoehr

Postby uwestoehr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 pm

wandererfan wrote:
Then let's just remove it from the UI file for now. OK that I make a PR?
Sure.
Here it is: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3249