techdraw with multiple parts

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
robotMarvin

techdraw with multiple parts

Post by robotMarvin »

hi everyone i'm using freecad 0.17 and created a drawing with part and part design. When i wanted to make a drawing with techdraw, i coul only choose one part. but i need all the parts in my drawing. How is this achieved.

I also drew it in freecad 0.16 Revision 6706/6707 but i had the same results. where do i go wrong?
Attachments
waterinlaat.fcstd
(21.57 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: techdraw with multiple parts

Post by wandererfan »

robotMarvin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm hi everyone i'm using freecad 0.17 and created a drawing with part and part design. When i wanted to make a drawing with techdraw, i coul only choose one part. but i need all the parts in my drawing. How is this achieved.
Select your parts, then use MultiView
techdraw-multiview.png
techdraw-multiview.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
wf
Attachments
waterinlaat.png
waterinlaat.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

robotMarvin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm hi everyone i'm using freecad 0.17 and created a drawing with part and part design. When i wanted to make a drawing with techdraw, i coul only choose one part. but i need all the parts in my drawing. How is this achieved.

I also drew it in freecad 0.16 Revision 6706/6707 but i had the same results. where do i go wrong?
wandererfan was a little bit faster... :mrgreen:
You can generate tubes/flanges/washers/srews much faster by using the flamingo/fasteners-wb.
The objects a fully parametric. Installation with tools==>addon manager (after install close/restart FC)
I am wondering why I can attach the screws at the flanges from flamingo, but
getting errors on your part.
regards Thomas
waterinlaat_new.fcstd
(76.74 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
techdraw_multiview.JPG
techdraw_multiview.JPG (76.34 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
flamingo_wb.JPG
flamingo_wb.JPG (72.21 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
fasteners_wb.JPG
fasteners_wb.JPG (66.82 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
robotMarvin

Post by robotMarvin »

Thanks everyone, for the fast reply, i tried multiview before, but i couldn't figure out how to use it. Now i tried harder, and knew it was the tool, and i figured out how to use it. I will also look into flamingo/fasteners
I am wondering why I can attach the screws at the flanges from flamingo, but
getting errors on your part
i also don't know, i will try tofind out later.
robotMarvin

Post by robotMarvin »

flamingo works great !!
But is there a way to get more flanges, i only seem to find flanges asme-150lb and DIN-PN16. I need DIN-PN10 :( Maybe there is a way to download ??
Else i can always adjust the prorperties. Anyway, i m very happy with flamingo wb
prat

Post by prat »

Hi all

I managed to generate a view of multiple parts using the above mentioned multipart view button. But how can one select which views (side, top etc) and the scale of the view. Currently, I select all parts and then click on the multiple parts view button and it automatically gives me one view. I cannot select the view type and its scale either before or after the view has been generated. Please help.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

prat wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:07 am I cannot select the view type and its scale either before or after the view has been generated. Please help.
Change the Direction and/or Scale properties in the PropertyEditor.
From TechDraw_NewView.

Code: Select all

Direction: A vector representing the viewing direction.
Scale: A view will be rendered on the page in Scale:1 ratio to the Source. (1)
ScaleType: "Document": use the Page's scale setting. "Custom": use a scale unique to this view. "Automatic": fit view to page. (1)
Common Directions are
Front: (0,-1,0)
Top: (0,0,1)
Right: (1,0,0)
Axo: (1,1,1)
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

robotMarvin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm flamingo works great !!
Thank You for the positive feedback. :)
robotMarvin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm But is there a way to get more flanges, i only seem to find flanges asme-150lb and DIN-PN16. I need DIN-PN10 :( Maybe there is a way to download ??
To create your own dimensional table of flanges (or other piping object as well) you can follow the suggestion at page 3 of the tutorialPype.pdf (../Mod/flamingo/tutorials).
* For instance, open the file ../Mod/flamingo/tables/Flange_DIN-PN16.csv with any spreadsheet program.
* Modify the dimensions in the table. You can also add or delete rows and change the name of size-names in the first column.
* Save it in the same folder as "Flange_myRating.csv". Remember to use ";" as separators.
Now, next time you run "Insert a flange", the "myRating" option will appear in the dialog with the customized flanges dimensions.
I guess that columns names are quite self-explaining.
Obviously, must care that dimensions are consistent: for example it should not be D<d!
JoeB

Post by JoeB »

Oddtopus,
I wouldn't put bolts in one at a time .. See FC Forum>showcase>"Pressure vessel with piping". It took a long time to make the first draft including the time to learn FC and python. The second time it took less than 20 hours. The attached script is how I set up the flanges and bolting. Unfortunately it is in US Customary units - let me know if you want to see more.
Attachments
flange_and_bolts.txt
(7.53 KiB) Downloaded 58 times