TechDraw: export View to DXF

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: TechDraw: export View to DXF

Post by wandererfan »

easyw-fc wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:52 pm Could it be possible to add bsplines also on Import.readDXF function?
Don't know. I've never looked at the "read side" of Import.ImpExpDxf.cpp or Import.dxf.cpp. I imagine it is possible.

You might want to make a change request on Mantis rather than depend on my memory.

wf
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

wandererfan wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:35 am Don't know. I've never looked at the "read side" of Import.ImpExpDxf.cpp or Import.dxf.cpp. I imagine it is possible.

You might want to make a change request on Mantis rather than depend on my memory.

wf
done here
https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=3988
Maurice
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

wandererfan wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:35 am I've never looked at the "read side" of Import.ImpExpDxf.cpp or Import.dxf.cpp. I imagine it is possible.

@wandererfan should I assign issue #3988 to you?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 am @wandererfan should I assign issue #3988 to you?
I don't see myself getting to this one in the near future. Won't it discourage somebody else from taking it on if it is already assigned?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 pm
Kunda1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 am @wandererfan should I assign issue #3988 to you?
I don't see myself getting to this one in the near future. Won't it discourage somebody else from taking it on if it is already assigned?
Yes, most likely. That's a good point.
Just an off-topic thought, it may be a good idea to ask this same question off all currently assigned tickets. That they should be reviewed to see if their assigned devs really have the time/space to tackle in the near future and if not un-assign.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs