Pan Tool in Techdraw

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
regis

Pan Tool in Techdraw

Post by regis »

In tech draw this are some of the amazing features so far that i've noticed

1. Ability to lock view of page so it wont move on the sheet page in white. (I remember I wanted this functionality so badly. Thanks all who made it possible.)
Post request here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... &hilit=pan
2. Ability to create a view perspective of the drawing
3. Ability to Dimension perspective views
4. Ability to create hatch, insert svg symbols (much smoother than before) and the current svg symbols used as hatch can be used as template and remodifiedat will to create other hatchs.
5. Control color and scale of hatch.

Current navigational issues noticed.
There is only one way to pan around and move the page at will,
that is by clicking anywhere on the white page, or they grey void, in an area not covered by the drawing placed on the sheet.
If you have locked drawing on the sheet with the 'Lock Position' property in the Data tab, you will not be able to pan the page by clickingon the drawing, so one must zoom out first before he can pan to the desired position.
The middle mouse button doesn't also pan when it appears to give the hand mouse symbol used for the pan in techdraw.
phpBB [video]

Other things i've noticed.
When the view is generated with the 'techdraw insert view in page', the view page on techdraw doesn't have the property to control the "line width" tichness. As does the Archview page on techdraw.

I can't remember how to toggle on and toggle off those little point nodes and I was wondering how to control the points so they are less visible. Anyone got a clue?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-07-08 22-45-31.png
Screenshot from 2018-07-08 22-45-31.png (421.25 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Pan Tool in Techdraw

Post by wandererfan »

regis wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm
Thanks for the kind words.

Panning - you can grab the page anywhere not covered by the frame of a View. If you grab on top of a View's frame, you will either move the View, or do nothing (if the View is locked). This behaviour comes free from Qt, so there's no programming on our part.

MMB - don't have one! :D MIght be an old external mouse in a box somewhere. I'll take a look.

Line Thickness - controlled by TechDraw_LineGroup initially. Change in PropertyEditor on View tab.

Vertexes - TechDraw_Toggle. Vertex radius is a multiple of line weight. Adjust with Tools>Edit parameters>Preferences/Mod/TechDraw/General/VertexScale. The default is 3x the line weight.

wf
efyx

Post by efyx »

Wandererfan does great work but still hunger for more ;)
wandererfan wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm MMB - don't have one! :D MIght be an old external mouse in a box somewhere. I'll take a look.
I believe it is not MMB but wheel because you can click it, so it can be treated as a MMB. Anyway I also mentioned it would be better to pan the sheet by pressing wheel(MMB) and views by LMB, because it is cleaner and easier to manage. You cannot move view when you wan't pan the sheet.
BTW. please include 3d space mouse ability to pan and zoom :)
regis

Post by regis »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm MMB - don't have one! MIght be an old external mouse in a box somewhere. I'll take a look.
Haha, should have specified that I mean that the Scroll Wheel is the MMB in my case.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm Vertexes - TechDraw_Toggle. Vertex radius is a multiple of line weight. Adjust with Tools>Edit parameters>Preferences/Mod/TechDraw/General/VertexScale. The default is 3x the line weight.
Do I have to create this parameter myself or is it new? FreeCAD for Mac is currently a bit out of sync.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13976 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at fae0de5)
Hash: fae0de58581694157a97d567c151bdce75d387dc
Python version: 2.7.15
Qt version: 5.11.0
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

chrisb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm Do I have to create this parameter myself or is it new? FreeCAD for Mac is currently a bit out of sync.

If it isn't there already, just add it. Make sure you spell it right! (voice of experience)
VertexScaleParm.png
VertexScaleParm.png (81.42 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Works perfect; well 5 might be a bit too much :) :
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-12 um 00.31.21.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-12 um 00.31.21.png (12.79 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Hello @wandererfan,
I'm following with interest your progress with techdraw. I'm writing to ask you if you had the chance to give a look at middle mouse button (wheel pressing) pan. It would be something really usefriendly if a user could navigate techdraw page in the same way he navigate the 3dView.

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.17505 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 755536e9df94d2d39da1468420f1fd333c35da7a
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

carlopav wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:44 pm I'm writing to ask you if you had the chance to give a look at middle mouse button (wheel pressing) pan. It would be something really usefriendly if a user could navigate techdraw page in the same way he navigate the 3dView.
I am quite unhappy about TD not supporting the same navigation styles as the 3D View, but I have no progress to report. :cry:
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

:) No worry, it's done when it's done ;)
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design