TechDraw Model Not Visible

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: TechDraw Model Not Visible

Post by NormandC »

NODF wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 pmFixed! thank you so much! Really appreciate your time.
Glad the issue was resolved. Did deleting config files fix it, or was it something else?
NODF

Post by NODF »

Deleting the config files fixed the issue.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

NormandC wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:32 pm Actually, NODF's last screenshot shows that the Page has an icon of two circling red arrows.
I should have caught that.

It means that the page is not being kept up to date (like "skip recomputes"). Used to put the page to sleep while working on a complicated model.

The property is documented, but I notice that the tree symbol isn't shown in the wiki.

@NODF: Templates shouldn't cause this kind of issue. If you're using a non-standard Template, could you please post it so I can check it? Thanks,
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

It is really weird but config files get corrupted for wildly different and obscure reasons...
NODF

Post by NODF »

wandererfan wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 pm @NODF: Templates shouldn't cause this kind of issue. If you're using a non-standard Template, could you please post it so I can check it? Thanks,
These are most of the attempts. Template_tutorial_template.svg is the one I suspect. Toward the end of the code things seemed to get added after opening it in FreeCAD then inkscape and Kate again. Various forum entries warned about Inkscape and units issues which I tried to observe.

It would be really nice to have a customized template. Can I start monkeying with it again with the understanding that deleting the config files will get me out of anything I mess up? Any direction on custom templates would be helpful.

Thanks again for all the help. FreeCAD has been a blast and my machinist buddy is very impressed.
Attachments
Template_tutorial_template.svg
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Template_tutorial_3.svg
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
template_simple.svg
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
freecad_test_template.svg
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
2018.0927_NOD&F_LetterSize_Template.svg
(26.01 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

NODF wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:47 am
None of your templates cause any real problems here. Some of them have "transform" clauses so the green dots are not lined up with the text areas, but that is easily fixable.
Template_Simple.png
Template_Simple.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
template_simple_wf.png
template_simple_wf.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
fixed up template attached.

I you want to see some nice custom templates, look at Peppino's work. His templates are in the source code at .../Mod/TechDraw/Templates. They have "Pep" at the end of the name. Very nice clean work. If you don't have the source, you can look at them on Github https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree ... /Templates.

wf
Attachments
template_simple_wf.svg
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
NODF

Post by NODF »

Thanks for the direction and feedback.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

if you are interested by A3 template full (fr it and en)

Template_full_landscape.png
Template_full_landscape.png (58.39 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
A3_Landscape_EN_FULL_TechDraw.svg
(65.8 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
A3_Landscape_FR_FULL_TechDraw.svg
(65.81 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
A3_Landscape_IT_FULL_TechDraw.svg
(65.83 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

mario52 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am A3_Landscape_EN_FULL_TechDraw.svg
A3_Landscape_FR_FULL_TechDraw.svg
A3_Landscape_IT_FULL_TechDraw.svg
Merci, Mario. Prochaine "merge".

wf
PAS_Drafter

Post by PAS_Drafter »

wandererfan wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 pm
NormandC wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:32 pm Actually, NODF's last screenshot shows that the Page has an icon of two circling red arrows.
I should have caught that.

It means that the page is not being kept up to date (like "skip recomputes"). Used to put the page to sleep while working on a complicated model.

The property is documented, but I notice that the tree symbol isn't shown in the wiki.

@NODF: Templates shouldn't cause this kind of issue. If you're using a non-standard Template, could you please post it so I can check it? Thanks,
Sorry to resurrect an old post. I just ran across these Red Arrows in my tree view for one of my drawings and was trying to figure out what they meant and how to "fix" them.

Techdraw Icon.PNG
Techdraw Icon.PNG (13.76 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

I didn't see anything in the Wiki on them and ran across this post in my search, so maybe the Wiki hasn't been updated yet, or I didn't look on the right page. In any case, you mentioned that the icon indicates that the page is not being kept up to date. I didn't see a solution to how to "fix" it here, but your comment reminded me of one of the right-click menu selections on the Page itself - "Toggle Keep Updated". I figured out that the Icon changes if you turn this on and off. I must have accidentally selected that at some point instead of the "Toggle frames"

I just wanted to add that solution to this post in case others ran into this and wanted to know how to get rid of them.