[Improvement, partially SOLVED] Pages always display the internal name

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: [Improvement] Pages always display the internal name

Post by wandererfan »

Thanks, but anything to do with QTabBar or QTabWidget is hidden inside Gui/MainWindow.cpp and/or Gui/MDIView.cpp. I don't think the methods for changing tab order are exposed to application modules.

You could propose a FeatureRequest to change how the main window handles tabs.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm Thanks, but anything to do with QTabBar or QTabWidget is hidden inside Gui/MainWindow.cpp and/or Gui/MDIView.cpp. I don't think the methods for changing tab order are exposed to application modules.

You could propose a FeatureRequest to change how the main window handles tabs.
Okay, so this would be a feature request for FreeCAD in general, and not for TechDraw in specific.

I'm not extremely familiar with Qt but it seems you are right, it seems Gui/MainWindow.cpp controls the main appearance of the program.

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... w.cpp#L242

Added: feature request to manually arrange the tabs in the MainWindow of the program, issue #0003648
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:09 pm
vocx wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 pm Despite the pages being renamed, the tabs that show the names are still shown with the internal name.
I've been meaning to fix this for a while. Will try to get this into v0.18 before release.
Okay, I think this has been resolved in git commit 3ca8eb0, and it's made it to the latest build.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15021 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 2004653fe4ff6bc56bc29cfec84abdd4f6adf2c0
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

vocx wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 am Okay, I think this has been resolved in git commit 3ca8eb0, and it's made it to the latest build.
It isn't completely resolved. There is still some conflict between the code in Gui that puts the document name in the tab and the code in TechDraw that puts the page name on the tab. The page name will go back to document name, then back to page name on occasions, but I haven't figured out the conditions or what to do about it.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 pm
vocx wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 am Okay, I think this has been resolved in git commit 3ca8eb0, and it's made it to the latest build.
It isn't completely resolved. There is still some conflict between the code in Gui that puts the document name in the tab and the code in TechDraw that puts the page name on the tab. The page name will go back to document name, then back to page name on occasions, but I haven't figured out the conditions or what to do about it.
Okay, I haven't seen the behavior you describe. On my system the page tab seems to change the label without issues.