No cross in techdraw or bad hole?

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yeKcim

No cross in techdraw or bad hole?

Post by yeKcim »

Hello

I draw a circle in sketch001, pad. I select XY_Plane, draw a circle in a skech002. I want to use hole, through all.

It seems that I can use hole only in one direction. The sketch is in the middle of the cylinder so I can't made hole through all my cylinder.

I can change "Attachment Offset - Position - z" of my sketch but and it will be ok, but in this case, no cross will be displayed in the middle of the circle of techdraw 😢

I don't want to use Pocket sketch tool, I have to use Hole (for example to use countersink socket option).

Can you explain to me how I can use symetric hole, or displaying the cross instead of sketch offset?

Thank you

(Freecad 0.17 or 0.18git15188)
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: No cross in techdraw or bad hole?

Post by wandererfan »

yeKcim wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm Can you explain to me how I can use symetric hole, or displaying the cross instead of sketch offset?
Usually, if there is no centermark in what looks like a circle, it is because the circle is really a BSpline behind the scenes. There is code to handle this for Dimensions, but now that I think about it, there is no code to add a centermark to a BSpline masquerading as a circle. Will have to add that for v0.19(?).

Can you post your file for experimenting with this?

Sorry can't help with PartDesign Hole feature. Maybe post in "Help on Using FreeCAD"?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

yeKcim

Post by yeKcim »

A a good balance could be to be able to display draft dots or lines of the sketch in the techdraw
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

yeKcim wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm I can change "Attachment Offset - Position - z" of my sketch but and it will be ok, but in this case, no cross will be displayed in the middle of the circle of techdraw 😢
Is your View perfectly orthogonal to the Hole? It doesn't take much of an angle to turn the circle into a non-circular bspline. The effect is exaggerated in the picture.
PDHoleFeatureCenterMark.png
PDHoleFeatureCenterMark.png (33.49 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
I can make the centermark go away by changing the Direction from (1,0,0) to (1, 0.002, 0).
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

@yeKcim

Please do not use an external hosting service for images, at least do not use the thumbnail feature that forces us to click on the thumbnail to see the full size image on a website plagued with dubious ads.

You can attach images directly to the forum, we prefer that. Thank you.
yeKcim

Post by yeKcim »

So, I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong… Pocket or hole, same problem, no cross
Capture d’écran de 2018-11-15 09-36-30.png
Capture d’écran de 2018-11-15 09-36-30.png (129.94 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Thank you very much for your help
Attachments
test.FCStd
Here is the file
(127.83 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

yeKcim wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:38 am So, I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong… Pocket or hole, same problem, no cross
I can get center marks in FreeCAD-daily, but not in v0.17.
missingCenterMark_pekcim_v18.png
missingCenterMark_pekcim_v18.png (34.17 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
All those vertex dots mean that the curves coming back from the projection/hidden line removal routines are very nasty. A true circle would only have 1 vertex dot on the circumference.

FreeCAD-daily:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15190 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: c18785fdb31e378500440de23dcf648a2c79dc5f
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/Canada (en_CA)