TechDraw: file opening time

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: TechDraw: file opening time

Post by wandererfan »

koluna wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm What does it mean?
This is a standard message box that FC produces when ever you ask to delete an object that is linked from another object. Despite the "might break" warning, I haven't had any issues with deleting objects since v0.16(?).
koluna

Post by koluna »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 pm Text for linear dimensions is supposed to be above or left of the dimension line. If you have a file where this is not happening it is probably a bug. Please post the file. Thanks.
https://yadi.sk/d/76v-PezhQkA42g
The main file is "printer.fcstd".
You should have A2Plus.
Drawings/dwgBottom2.
Attachments
Peek 2019-01-23 18-51.gif
Peek 2019-01-23 18-51.gif (212.21 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Last edited by koluna on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
koluna

Post by koluna »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm There is a preference setting "Keep Pages Up to Date". If you uncheck this, pages will not do any processing and your load time should go down.
Once you are ready to produce drawings, recheck the option and recompute the pages.
I tried it... But I was some scared because I had got empty drawings...
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm There is a preference setting "Keep Pages Up to Date". If you uncheck this, pages will not do any processing and your load time should go down.

Once you are ready to produce drawings, recheck the option and recompute the pages.
Would it be possible to add a functions(read buttons) that do something like “make drawing(s) active” and “manual recompute”so as user there is no need to switch the recompute option all the time.
I can even imagine that the buttons were only visible when the config option is False…
koluna

Post by koluna »

wandererfan, it seems, the position of the text depends on an order of point selection...
koluna

Post by koluna »

I found out as I can change the Font name and Font size.
They are at the "View" tab.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

koluna wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 am wandererfan, it seems, the position of the text depends on an order of point selection...
Definitely a bug. If the points for a Distance-X have different Y coordinates, then the selection order affects the text location. This shouldn't happen.

Thanks for finding this.

wf
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Jee-Bee wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:55 pm Would it be possible to add a functions(read buttons) that do something like “make drawing(s) active” and “manual recompute”so as user there is no need to switch the recompute option all the time.
I can even imagine that the buttons were only visible when the config option is False…
Right mouse button offers "Toggle Keep Updated" but it only applies to the current Page.

Could have a button that puts TD to sleep or wakes it up for all pages. Something for the v019 list.
koluna

Post by koluna »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 am Thanks for finding this.
My pleasure! :) Thank You and your colleagues!

It is from Wiki:
Do not cut, copy and paste TechDraw objects in the tree view as this generally does not work out well.
Can You tell me, I may cut/copy/paste objects (views, labels) between pages?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

koluna wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 am Several Dimension's texts are above the dimension's lines and several texts under dimension's lines. Why?
Should be fixed by git commit 9207e2ef7d1d.