Detail center , offset from target

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Detail center , offset from target

Post by freedman »

I don't think this needs a bunch of words. The target and the detail are not lined up. See attached. Is this a bug or a setting?

I made a random rough cylinder to test an idea. My compute times were kind of long so I made a simple object to fine tune all my settings, then I can bring in a more complicated model and set most of the values all at one time.

Thanks
Attachments
detail_center_offset.FCStd
(36.55 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Detail center , offset from target

Post by wandererfan »

freedman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm I don't think this needs a bunch of words. The target and the detail are not lined up. See attached. Is this a bug or a setting?
Looks like a bug in Detail of a ProjectionGroupItem. Seems to work ok with regular views.
DetailRegularViews.png
DetailRegularViews.png (30.29 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Some of this might be my fault, I have some older and newer versions of TD, sorry. I will get up to date on both my systems (win7-64,win10-64). I just installed 0.18.158 and the detail anchor point symbol changed to a box, see pic, must be something to do with symbols. Not sure how it would print, can't right now.

The alignment looks good between anchor and detail.
Attachments
detail44.JPG
detail44.JPG (55.83 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

freedman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 pm Some of this might be my fault, I have some older and newer versions of TD, sorry. I will get up to date on both my systems (win7-64,win10-64). I just installed 0.18.158 and the detail anchor point symbol changed to a box, see pic, must be something to do with symbols. Not sure how it would print, can't right now.
Pretty sure there's a bug somewhere. ProjectionGroupItems use slightly different code to make sure they aren't upside down or mirrored on the page. Let me know if your updates change anything.

There's a preference on the second tab called "matting style" that governs box vs circle.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

There's a preference on the second tab called "matting style" that governs box vs circle.
It seems like there should be one under "Decorations" but it's not there (see pic). I did find one in Tools-Edit parameters-bla-bla Techdraw-Decorations. Am I missing something?

If I wanted to erase some lines, what do you think is the best export.

This looks and works well. Thanks for your time and efforts.
Attachments
tech_decor.JPG
tech_decor.JPG (25.44 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

freedman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:33 am ...I did find one in Tools-Edit parameters-bla-bla Techdraw-Decorations. Am I missing something?

If I wanted to erase some lines, what do you think is the best export.
"Tools-Edit parameters-bla-bla Techdraw-Decorations" is the parameter I meant. You may need a recompute or 2 after changing the preference.

I'd go with Svg. I don't like any of the Dxf based apps and I wouldn't know where to start with Pdf. I find Inkscape pretty straight forward for this sort of thing.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

freedman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm The target and the detail are not lined up. See attached. Is this a bug or a setting?
git commit 77b22f4f3 should improve alignment of detail and source view for sources in a ProjectionGroup. Also introduces a Property to adjust the position of highlight circle/square on the source view:
Attachments
HighlightAdjust.png
HighlightAdjust.png (33.11 KiB) Viewed 998 times