My TechDraw templates (Slovenian) - GPL 2.0

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
71GA

My TechDraw templates (Slovenian) - GPL 2.0

Post by 71GA »

There was a discussion where I criticized TechDraw a bit and this came up:
chrisb wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:41 pm 2) Fix the issues yourself. As a Linux coach you should be able to. You will get here all the help we can offer, and would like to see your pull requests.
I am currently busy working on other project, but I can contribute my TechDraw templates if anyone needs them (attachment). So that I won't only criticize. That is not good I admit that.

Templates were made in Inkscape and they have smaller edge (2.5 mm) than is standard, but they make use of space quite well! The triangular marks on the edge of the drawing space show where paper needs to be folded in order to get A formats down to the A4 size. Just translate them to your own language using Google translate and Inkscape and you will have some nice templates.

I will post several posts as it is not possible to attach so many files to one post.

1st templates for companies...
Attachments
A3 (L) -- freesans (italic) -- vpetje (da) -- logotip (ne) -- sestavna risba (10).svg
(96.61 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
A3 (L) -- freesans (italic) -- vpetje (da) -- logotip (ne) -- sestavna risba (5).svg
(83.13 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
A3 (L) -- freesans (italic) -- vpetje (da) -- logotip (ne) -- delavniska risba.svg
(66.03 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
A2 (L) -- freesans (italic) -- vpetje (da) -- logotip (ne) -- delavniska risba.svg
(85.89 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
A1 (L) -- freesans (italic) -- vpetje (da) -- logotip (ne) -- delavniska risba.svg
(113.5 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by 71GA on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: My TechDraw templates (Slovenian) - use as you please!

Post by kkremitzki »

Thanks for your contribution! Just to be sure, what license are you releasing these under? If you want it to be, for example, the same license as the FreeCAD wiki, you could use https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
71GA

Post by 71GA »

If I would have to choose I would say GPL 2.0.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks! We may think about a repository for such things, similar to Addons.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

chrisb wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 am Thanks! We may think about a repository for such things, similar to Addons.
I've put them here for now: https://github.com/WandererFan/FreeCADTemplates

Isn't there a problem with including GPL2 work in the FC distribution?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:48 pm Isn't there a problem with including GPL2 work in the FC distribution?
Yes, there is.

However, perhaps 71GA should consider the license. For images, art, and things that aren't code, a GPL license doesn't really make sense, which is why kremitzki suggested Creative Commons.
71GA wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 pmping
Are you really contributing SVG files, basically images, as GPL? Why not CC?
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.