Lack option to add symmetry line

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
macylapka

Lack option to add symmetry line

Post by macylapka »

Hello,

I'm beginner user of Freecad, but on the beginning i would like to thx for vastness of work loaded to this tool. While developing part I can't found tool which allows me to add symmetry line to part in hole which is "section/cross-section - A - A" - i relay don't know how name it in english or on central point. I miss something or this feature is not implemented ? And i would like to ask if exists tool which allow me to add dimensional base point ?

Regards!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Lack option to add symmetry line

Post by wandererfan »

macylapka wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:26 am I'm beginner user of Freecad, but on the beginning i would like to thx for vastness of work loaded to this tool. While developing part I can't found tool which allows me to add symmetry line to part in hole which is "section/cross-section - A - A" - i relay don't know how name it in english or on central point. I miss something or this feature is not implemented ? And i would like to ask if exists tool which allow me to add dimensional base point ?
A lot depends on your version. It is always helpful for the people answering the questions if you include the information
from Help>About FreeCAD.

Assuming you are using v0.18, your options for a symmetry line (centerline?) are limited. In the PropertyEditor, there are options on the View tab that will add vertical or horizontal centerlines to a TechDraw View. These centerlines split the View, not necessarily the part.

Additional centerline tools were added in v0.19.

Not sure what a "dimensional base point" is. If you a speaking about "chained dimensions", we don't have a special tool. We just start the various linear dimensions at the same point and manually align the dimension lines.

If you want to add a new point for dimensioning, that was added with "Cosmetic Vertex" in v0.19.