Variable Section View

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HelloWorldXD

Variable Section View

Post by HelloWorldXD »

Hello :) ,

i have again some questions of creating technical drawings with Freecad.

First Question.
Is there something like a "Snap" function in TechDraw?
Because the new line feature is very usefull but without any snaps it is very hard for me to adjust it in the right way.

Second Question.
Is it possible to make a stepped section view of an object?

Third Question.
because i think the features i search for (inkluding GDT) are not now inklucded is there somekind of walkaround?
I thought that i could export the models (parts) to Step and make the Drawings in Turbocad (Drawing features are great 3D not so much) But i think there is no reference that the Step File is updatet when i change the original Model in Freecad.
Maybe some of you know a way.

Thanks a lot :mrgreen:
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Variable Section View

Post by wandererfan »

HelloWorldXD wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm First Question.
Is there something like a "Snap" function in TechDraw?
Because the new line feature is very usefull but without any snaps it is very hard for me to adjust it in the right way.
On the infamous TODO list, but not available now.
Second Question.
Is it possible to make a stepped section view of an object?
No. There's no way to draw the stepped profile at the moment, so this will have to wait for a front end to cosmetic lines.
Third Question.
because i think the features i search for (inkluding GDT) are not now inklucded is there somekind of walkaround?
I thought that i could export the models (parts) to Step and make the Drawings in Turbocad (Drawing features are great 3D not so much) But i think there is no reference that the Step File is updatet when i change the original Model in Freecad.
Maybe some of you know a way.
The most common work around for missing features is to export as Svg and edit in Inkscape. But that is a one way trip.
Search for "Balloons" in the forum. Some people are using them to "fake" control frames.
HelloWorldXD

Re: Variable Section View

Post by HelloWorldXD »

thanks for the reply.

okay i unterstand but that way to work is very annoying for me.

Freecad is still a great 3D Cad System and i found a way that work not so bad for me.
I export the parts and assemblys as Step and Xref the Step File in TurboCad so when i update the StepFile the Turbocad Drawing is also updadet.