Drawing link object in a page with techdraw

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Drawing link object in a page with techdraw

Post by wandererfan »

similar story, but using your first test data with the LinkElements

starting from TR001_Beam+End_Plate.FCStd
new page
new view LK_P001
new view LK_P002
new view Link001_i0
new view TR001
save file
restore file
gives this:
TR001_Beam+End_Plate_XLink.png
TR001_Beam+End_Plate_XLink.png (25.92 KiB) Viewed 453 times
This looks right to me, except for LK_P001. It is not vertical in the 3D view.
HEA200 looks like it might extrude along Z axis, so I must be applying a placement(?)
that should not be applied.

Any ideas?
DDM

Post by DDM »

This looks right to me, except for LK_P001. It is not vertical in the 3D view.
Looks right for me too, also for the other examples (i.e. Assembly4 test)...

For the LKP001 of the first test I think that the problem is related to this property: "Link Transform" (see Link_transform_screenshot_1)...

If I set the property to false, then the LK_P001 is vertical in the 3D model (see Link_transform_screenshot_2)....

I understand that this parameter set the placement of the link object (LK_P001) equal to the placement of its original element (P001)...

I think that TD does not read this parameter when it is set to TRUE....You see the LKP001 orizontal in the 3D model, but when you insert the view in a page TD does not read the placement of the original element (P001)...

Thanks, Marco
Attachments
Link_transform_screenshot_1.PNG
Link_transform_screenshot_1.PNG (106.14 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Link_transform_screenshot_2.PNG
Link_transform_screenshot_2.PNG (95.84 KiB) Viewed 438 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

DDM wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:06 am I think that TD does not read this parameter when it is set to TRUE....You see the LKP001 orizontal in the 3D model, but when you insert the view in a page TD does not read the placement of the original element (P001)...
I'm sure it doesn't. Didn't even know about until you pointed it out.

I'd rather not dig into the properties of a Link beyond Shape and Placement. Maybe there's a way to get Link to provide the finished result reflecting all the various properties.

BTW support for PropertyXLinkList is in master branch after git commit 4104a0e263.
DDM

Post by DDM »

BTW support for PropertyXLinkList is in master branch after git commit 4104a0e263.
Thanks for the support...

I'd rather not dig into the properties of a Link beyond Shape and Placement. Maybe there's a way to get Link to provide the finished result reflecting all the various properties.
I agree but I don't now if there is a way to provide the correct view reflecting the properties....however the single part can be oriented in the page by the user changing the parameters of the view...Also the LinkTransform can be set to FALSE and the placement of the link changed by the user before the creation of the page...

Cheers, Marco