circle center marks too big

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
spontarelliam

circle center marks too big

Post by spontarelliam »

I seem to be having the opposite problem of a previous user who couldn't find the center marks of their circles (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=38354). I'm using version 0.19 (19285), and the center marks of my circles are so big that I can't seem to select and dimension the circle diameter.

The post I linked to talks about changing the CenterScale property but I can't seem to find this option and I'm wondering if it has since been removed or renamed. Any suggestions as to how small circles can be dimensioned?

Thanks!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: circle center marks too big

Post by chrisb »

You can switch the centermarks (temporary) off in the view attributes.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

spontarelliam wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:55 pm The post I linked to talks about changing the CenterScale property but I can't seem to find this option and I'm wondering if it has since been removed or renamed. Any suggestions as to how small circles can be dimensioned?
as @chrisb said, the parameters controlling center marks are here:
ArcCenterProperty.png
ArcCenterProperty.png (34.53 KiB) Viewed 606 times
If your version is new enough, you can set the defaults for these parameters in the Scale>Size Adjustments and Dimensions>Annotation sections of Preferences.
spontarelliam

Post by spontarelliam »

I didn't see this option in the version I was using, so I updated to 0.19R19518 and the problem has apparently been fixed. I can now select both the center mark and the circle itself just by moving the mouse a little bit. Thanks for your help!