uwestoehr wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 am
is the best solution because it assures that always the set number of decimals will be used (for the cost that the format is lost of course). But at the moment the default format is "%.2f" and is blocking any change in the number of decimals.
This is the solution I intend to use:
- move default format spec to Advanced property tab and initialize it to blank.
- if formatSpec preference is blank, use global decimals or alternate decimals as specified on Dimension tab to build the initial formatSpec for each dimension.
- if formatSpec preference is not blank, use the formatSpec as specified in the preference.
- for average users, there is a simple choice of A or B
- if a user is advanced enough to go looking for formatSpec and compose a printf format string, then they are assumed to know what they are doing, and we just use the specified string.