[Solved]Radius Dimension for Curved Slot

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rex.prestige

[Solved]Radius Dimension for Curved Slot

Post by rex.prestige »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22209 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 9c3f9b72a82249d5fcf1f543dd69a78740251b26
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)

Hi all!

I have a curved slot in a TechDraw page. The slot width is constant, and the radius of the slot from the center of rotation is constant. I've attached an image from someone having the same problem in another program.
Slot Radius.png
Slot Radius.png (129.11 KiB) Viewed 844 times
I can set a radius dimension for the inner or outer edges of the slot, but not the center. I can use the Add Centerline tool to make a center line between two points in the slot, but not an arc. I can make a length dimension to the endpoints of the arc, but they appear like regular dimensions rather than the radial dimension I'm trying to make.

Does anyone have a better solution?
Thanks!
Last edited by rex.prestige on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vocx
Veteran

Re: Radius Dimension for Curved Slot

Post by vocx »

rex.prestige wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 pm Does anyone have a better solution?
Create a circular arc in the 3D view, and also include it in the TechDraw View, then you can measure it like any other geometrical edge.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
rex.prestige

Re: Radius Dimension for Curved Slot

Post by rex.prestige »

Thanks vocx! It turns out it is as easy as adding a sketch and including it in a simple view.