Sketch -> Techdraw ?

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
C_h_o_p_i_n

Sketch -> Techdraw ?

Post by C_h_o_p_i_n »

Hi all,

is there an preferable way, to get a sketch into a techdraw dokument without taking the part created using the sketch and (re-) insert all measurements already drawn in the sketch?

( a Printout of the sketch would be sufficient too in my actual case - but I didn't found a way for a simple printout without using a screencopy )

Any Ideas?

Regrads,
Stefan
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Sketch -> Techdraw ?

Post by chrisb »

You can insert the sketch directly, but you cannot reuse the measures. Wandererfan had it on his radar to improve this, but regarding his health situation it may need someone else to jump in.

Besides: depending on the model it may not be sensible to use the same measures, because in Sketcher with its geometric constraints other modeling techniques than dimensioning may - and should - be used to make a sketch fully constrained.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

C_h_o_p_i_n wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:17 am Hi all,

is there an preferable way, to get a sketch into a techdraw dokument without taking the part created using the sketch and (re-) insert all measurements already drawn in the sketch?
Related post here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44786
C_h_o_p_i_n

Post by C_h_o_p_i_n »

chrisb wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 am You can insert the sketch directly, but you cannot reuse the measures. Wandererfan had it on his radar to improve this, but regarding his health situation it may need someone else to jump in.

Besides: depending on the model it may not be sensible to use the same measures, because in Sketcher with its geometric constraints other modeling techniques than dimensioning may - and should - be used to make a sketch fully constrained.
Sometimes a sketch may contain way more informations than realy needed for just the Part - just as a kind of notice/visualisation to held additional thoughts and ideas on what one were thinking while sketching.

Regards,
Stefan