He's BAAACK! (was "Developer Wandererfan absence")

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Vincent B
Veteran

Re: Developer Wandererfan absence

Post by Vincent B »

No choice for Freecad: Come back quickly to make TechDraw perfect !!!!... :D :D :D
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

FreeCAD needed a good drawing program and TechDraw is a good one. Remember back when we were all struggling with the Drawing Workbench, for you to take on a project like TechDraw and to make make it work is one huge accomplishment. I'm sure your work will be used by thousands of users for years to come.
Thank you and good luck.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

These are sad news. Chris, I wish you all the best and many thanks for all your help. I learned a lot from you!

For FC 0.19 I you made TechDraw very usable workbench.

Due to my work with Chris, I know the TechDraw workbench and fixed a lot of issue. But due to lack of time and also still of technical knowledge, I cannot step in as maintainer. Another point is that the TechDraw code lacks code documentation making it hard to understand the code after coding pauses and due to real life I cannot code continuously.
mcdanlj

Post by mcdanlj »

More thanks to Wandererfan for TechDraw — it's a real highlight of FreeCAD. I use it mostly to make prints for hobbyist machining play, and I find that I can generally get just the right details and placement to make it readable easily while I'm spending most of my mental energy on paying close attention to the machines. Well done, and best wishes!
Forthman
Veteran

Post by Forthman »

Thank you for this very good job.

With Freecad 0.19 Techdraw is really usefull.
I use it almost every day and have made hundreds of technical drawings with it.
Capture d’écran_2020-10-26_16-09-36.png
Capture d’écran_2020-10-26_16-09-36.png (322.01 KiB) Viewed 8574 times
philcad

Post by philcad »

Thank you Wandererfan for the great job on the TechDraw workbench.
fc_tofu

Post by fc_tofu »

A very kind person, I got lot of help from him.
Thank you and hope you always well, @wandererfan.
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

May be he is in a hard situation and needs money?
Частный вебмастер, разработка сайтов, продвижение сайтов.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Tamirov.ru wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:30 pm May be he is in a hard situation and needs money?
I was trying to respect his privacy so I did not say earlier that it was health related. I have no idea of his finances, it is possible that he has issues, I think a lot of us (or nearly all of us), can say that this year! :) But he does live in a wealthy country with a public health system and a welfare system, so as tough as things could get, at least he lives somewhere that has a social safety net.
Slight50

Post by Slight50 »

Dear Wandererfan,

I am new to this forum, and to freecad, which I have been trying to use for the past two weeks.
I was trying to reach out to the community for help around techdraw when I saw this topic.
I am every day more impressed by the work the Freecad developers have been able to do on this CAD software.
To that extend, I am impressed by the techdraw workbench.

If you read this, please be assured that even newest members like me are grateful for all that you provided to this open source solution.

I do not know what reasons made you decide to stop working on this project, but I hope that it will bring you some rest that, according to all the comments I read, you clearly deserve.

Thank you, in advance for all the help I will find in old topics you contributed to solve.
Last edited by Slight50 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.