new dimension dialog available

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

new dimension dialog available

Post by uwestoehr »

Dimensions in TechDraw had no dialog to quickly modify them. Now (today since git commit 6719e86) there is one. Please give it a try and report possible problems.

The dialog is opened by
- either double-clicking on a dimension in the drawing
- or double-clicking on a dimension in the model tree

There are not all possible settings in the dialog - like for the other TD dialogs. For example it does not contain the line thickness since this is usually globally changed for all dimensions, not just one.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Last edited by uwestoehr on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aapo

Re: new dimension dialog available

Post by aapo »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:48 pm Dimensions in TechDraw had no dialog to quickly modify them. Now (today since git commit 6719e86 there is one. Please give it a try and report possible problems.
Thanks for this enhancement! At least for my first tests everything worked perfectly, and it really helps to improve the workflow with dimensions. Ten points out of ten for this! :D
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: new dimension dialog available

Post by uwestoehr »

aapo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:06 pm At least for my first tests everything worked perfectly, and it really helps to improve the workflow with dimensions.
Thanks for testing.
However, there is a bug I just realized:
When you change in the dimension dialog the color, only the text color will be changed immediately. The rest of the dimension (line and arrow) will first be updated when you select another drawing object.

I assume the reason is also in this case the missing recompute that I could not figure out. This is the issue that you would have a look at: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 35#p464835
Did you find time to have a look what could be the problem?