Drawing templates

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FBXL5

Re: Drawing templates

Post by FBXL5 »

I haven't updated Inkscape for a while, because I can handle most of my svg tasks by copying and typing.
For more complex graphics I use FreeCAD to model and then export svg-files. Afterwards I extract the need code from them.

Templates use lines, rectangles, and texts which are easy to handle. The projection cone has circles which are easy as well.
The only extracted path i need for a title block is the FreeCAD-cog.

PS: I tried a new version of Inkscape with the icon and saved it as "Optimiertes.svg" with default settings.
Except the meta-data the code is short and readable now. I wonder what tweaking the settings will do...
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

FBXL5 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:13 pm PS: I tried a new version of Inkscape with the icon and saved it as "Optimiertes.svg" with default settings.
Except the meta-data the code is short and readable now. I wonder what tweaking the settings will do...
Yes, they made great progress with Inkscape 1.x
However, "optimized PDF" is not what I meant. I mean "plain SVG" (don't know how this is translated in German).
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

You can find the Turkish document on creating a Drawing Template in the link below.
(Teknik Resim Şablonu oluşturma konusunda Türkçe dokümanı aşağıdaki bağlantıda bulabilirsiniz.)
https://m-halil.medium.com/freecad-tech ... 7aac1f703a