Ticket #4639 - TechDraw not drawing all lines in view

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Ticket #4639 - TechDraw not drawing all lines in view

Post by Kunda1 »

Discussion thread for [bug]issue #4639[/bug]: TechDraw not drawing all lines in view
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Ticket #4639 - TechDraw not drawing all lines in view

Post by chrisb »

It's a known issue. Turn the object very slightly, e.g. (-0.576, -0.577, 0.577).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

Greetings to the Community!

In my humble opinion, an optimal workflow has not been carried out by “run_the_race”. It is well known that in several cases this way of proceeding can give rise to unexpected results: the graphics processor, in the phase of generation of the 2x20 pins (complex function of PartDesign "multiple transformation"), would have generated a calculation/render error: "error of non-intersecting faces" this is the reason for the incorrect creation of the axonometric view in TechDraw.

To overcome the apparent error generated by FC, I made the intersection, equal to 0.01 mm, of the first pin with the support surface and then the "multiple transformation" was applied.

However, I find "bizarre" the way to design (in PartDesign) as a single monolithic block different components (certainly not an optimal workflow for a parametric cad like FC) in fact if we were to modify some component of the structure we will almost certainly run into in the unresolved "topological redefinition/renaming" error.
The difference of the two flows is also appreciable in the "weight" of the two files:

- Raspberry_pi_4B_optimal_workflow = 157 KB
- Raspberry_pi_4B_single block = 419 KB

With the hope of having been exhaustive, I wish you a good evening.
Attachments
Raspberry_pi_4B_single block.FCStd
(418.44 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Raspberry_pi_4B_optimal_workflow.FCStd
(156.94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
optimal_workfolw.png
optimal_workfolw.png (163.17 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
optimal_workfolw2.png
optimal_workfolw2.png (175.48 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
single_block.png
single_block.png (182.03 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

This appears to be an issue with the OCC orthographic projector. If we change to the perspective projector (with a large focal length) we get a better result.

I think this has come up before, but I can't find a reference to it.