"Select at least 1 DrawViewPart object as Base" error inserting section view

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tschutter

"Select at least 1 DrawViewPart object as Base" error inserting section view

Post by tschutter »

I have a problem when inserting an section plane view into an active page (with multiple pages in the one FreeCAD file).

If I select just the part, after I click on the "Insert Section View" button I get an error "Can not determine correct page".

If I select the part and control-select the page (or vice versa), after I click on the "Insert Section View" button I get an error "Select at least 1 DrawViewPart object as Base".

I have tried selecting different types of objects in the drawing; all result in the same error message.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.5
Qt version: 5.12.8
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
domad
Veteran

Re: "Select at least 1 DrawViewPart object as Base" error inserting section view

Post by domad »

tschutter wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:02 am I have a problem when inserting an section plane view into an active page (with multiple pages in the one FreeCAD file).

If I select just the part, after I click on the "Insert Section View" button I get an error "Can not determine correct page".

If I select the part and control-select the page (or vice versa), after I click on the "Insert Section View" button I get an error "Select at least 1 DrawViewPart object as Base".
Good morning to the Community!
The section refers to the view, so you have to select the view.
Here's how it's done:
Attachments
section_view.gif
section_view.gif (404.21 KiB) Viewed 1272 times