dxf export: dimensions lose values

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
karlp

dxf export: dimensions lose values

Post by karlp »

Hi,

I've got a techdrawing I'm happy enough with, with dimensions. It looks good as a pdf export, but when I export to dxf and open in qcad or librecad, the dimensions have all lost values, and simply show "mm" as in

This looks very similar to what is reported here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=55805 and in the original german here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 58#p480058

However, the "solution" there seems to be changing an import setting in the dxf viewer used there. That really doesn't seem like much of a solution, surely this is something that can be done correctly in the dxf export itself? I get the same mangled dimensions in both qcad and librecad as well as in inkscape.

Sample file https://bin.jvnv.net/file/hgTv9/test-te ... ting.FCStd

Version info:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24291 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.19.2)
Hash: 7b5e18a0759de778b74d3a5c17eba9cb815035ac
Python version: 3.8.8
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
BenWilde

Re: dxf export: dimensions lose values

Post by BenWilde »

Hi there,

has there ever been a solution to this subject?
I've tried 0.19, 0.20 and even other FreeCAD forks to get proper dimensioning after DXF-export, but i keep getting the " mm" dimensions when opening the DXF file in any other application.

The workaround with setting the dimension override manually works for me, but it's not a satisfying solution to the problem, since i'm trying to alter my model and excecute the DXF-export dynamically by python scripts.

I wonder if this is a known problem (or bug) and if it will be addressed in future releases or if i should create a ticket for this.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

BenWilde wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 am I wonder if this is a known problem (or bug) and if it will be addressed in future releases or if i should create a ticket for this.
If there isn't already a ticket, I would create one so this doesn't get overlooked.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

BenWilde wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 am has there ever been a solution to this subject?
git commit 88004e8dc9 just merged to master should fix this.
BenWilde

Post by BenWilde »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:28 pm git commit 88004e8dc9 just merged to master should fix this.

Thanks a lot!!

Will this be included in the next weekly build?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

BenWilde wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:41 pm Will this be included in the next weekly build?
Sorry I don't know the publication schedule. If not the next, then the one after that, I expect.