Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by chrisb »

Would it be sensible as a long term goal to integrate sketches into TechDraw documents, similar to how bodies handle them: It would be possible to use other points from a view as external references but nothing else.
And of course TechDraw should be aware of the Sketcher's geometric element "Point".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
domad
Veteran

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by domad »

chrisb wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:46 am ..........And of course TechDraw should be aware of the Sketcher's geometric element "Point".
Hi chrisb
..... certainly the detection of the sketcher point in TechDraw, together with the workflow mentioned in the topic "TechDraw without limits = Layout autocad" and the macro "TechDrawTools-V_0.4.2" would allow us to create technical drawings without any limit.
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

domad wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am ....the 0.4.2-multilanguage version interface with the integration of two new tools: cosmetic circumference and cosmetic perpendicular
This tool is a game game changer for TechDraw!

It should be integrated in TechDraw default, IMHO.

BTW italian: [Grazie davvero per lo splendido lavoro che stai/state facendo :-)]
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

..... here's how to generate the multiple drilling table
Attachments
Create hole table.gif
Create hole table.gif (995.5 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

.... the use of perpendiculars to dimension chamfers and angles in inclined objects
Attachments
Create_a_line_perpendicular.gif
Create_a_line_perpendicular.gif (746.55 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

..... use of the cosmetic circumference, for example to create parallels (the error signaling, for the modification of the attributes of the cosmetic lines, of FC does not affect the result)
Attachments
use of cosmetic circumference.gif
use of cosmetic circumference.gif (703.33 KiB) Viewed 3439 times
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

.... horizontal dimensions parallel coordinates and cascade spacing modification, for the vertical ones use the same procedure
Attachments
horizontal dimensions parallel coordinates.gif
horizontal dimensions parallel coordinates.gif (242.6 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

Incredible!!! :shock:
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

.... here is one of the solutions for tracing the tangent quota using the tools present in TechDrawTools 0.4.2-multilanguage: cosmetic circumference and perpendicular and vertex in the intersection, I understand that it is a bit laborious but in any case it succeeds
Attachments
Tangent dimension construction.gif
Tangent dimension construction.gif (420.62 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I love it! Drilling table is something I use the Spreadsheet view for today.