Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
balrobs

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by balrobs »

Hello to everyone, hey @edi and @domad,
today I did some more testing with this macro ... I mainly used this functions: position a horizontal/vertical chain dimension, change the line attribute, draw a cosmetic circonference, insert fi-sign ...
All I can say: amazing!
TD_example.png
TD_example.png (338.36 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
One problem I couldn't solve was the alignment of oblique dimension chains. Is this possible with the macro or did I miss here something? If not in my opinion this would be another great improvement. If I remember well there should be already some code around for this task ...
See this links:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 67#p413927
https://github.com/reox/FreeCAD_macros/ ... 4b6bfc8a20
Thank you again for this great work!
domad
Veteran

Re: Macro version 4.2 multilanguage: helper tools to improve TechDraw documents.

Post by domad »

balrobs wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:08 pm .................
Hi balrobs, greetings to the community!
Many thanks for the appreciation and suggestions also on behalf of @edi, we hope soon to be able to further enrich the tools of the tools also with the alignment of the oblique dimensions both in series and in cascade (currently the tools does not provide this possibility) and to other functionalities, in particular for the simplified dimensioning of plane axonometry.
Un saluto @
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

Ciao @domad
domad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:45 pm ... we hope soon to be able to further enrich the tools of the tools also with the alignment of the oblique dimensions both in series and in cascade (currently the tools does not provide this possibility) and to other functionalities, in particular for the simplified dimensioning of plane axonometry.
Happy to hear that futher improvements are planed for the macro!
Hopefully one day we no longer have to call it macro but see it fully inetgrated in TD!

Here is another enhancement that IMHO would make sense:
In order to clean up the UI (there are already a lot of tools and I guess there will become more and more) we could:
  • combine the tools "position a horizontal chain dimension","position a vertical chain dimension","position an oblique chain dimension" into one tool "position chain dimension". Selecting more then one dimension we could first check if they have the same alignment (horizontal/vertical/oblique) and if so fall back to the corresponding command. If not we could output a message to the user.
  • the same could be done for the tools "cascade horizontal dimensions", "cascade vertical dimensions", "cascade oblique dimensions. They could become "cascade dimensions".
What do you think?
Saluti e un sentito ringraziamento per il tuo impegno a migliorare TD :D
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

balrobs wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:26 pm ...............
Good morning to the Community!
..... certainly everyone's hope is that these tools are integrated directly into the TD interface.
- Yes, the intent is to unify commands that have the same purpose as much as possible, as @edi did masterfully with the create center line command or with threads.
A greeting
Pauvres_honteux

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

domad wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:08 am... certainly everyone's hope is that these tools are integrated directly into the TD interface.
An extra big +1 from me for that statement!
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

Pauvres_honteux wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:16 am
domad wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:08 am... certainly everyone's hope is that these tools are integrated directly into the TD interface.
An extra big +1 from me for that statement!
Me too here +1. It should be integrated in TD, so much much and useful features to use in TD.
Last edited by ragohix769 on Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Why the diameter symbol (Ø14) is not the same as the usual one (⌀13) ?
Attachments
Snip macro screenshot-f61da7.png
Snip macro screenshot-f61da7.png (9.87 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Why the vertical and horizontal bevel dimensions are not the same for the angle ? (done with PartDesign_Chamfer : one dimension 1 mm)
Attachments
Snip macro screenshot-33f278.png
Snip macro screenshot-33f278.png (18.4 KiB) Viewed 4612 times
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Is-it possible to draw thread lines like on the right example ? ('incomplete' with dimension, even with bevel)
TechDrawTool example at the left (red line).
Attachments
Snip macro screenshot-fb8812.png
Snip macro screenshot-fb8812.png (14.89 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
edi

Post by edi »

@Shalmeneser: Thank you for reporting the problems.

The first two are issues I could fix.

The third problem you can solve using the following workflow:

- create a vertex at intersection of the thread line and the left start of the chamfer
- create a vertex at intersection of the thread line and the oblique line of the chamfer
- create a cosmetic line between this vertexes (using the TechDraw command)

But this operation is very complicated. I will try to create a tool: "extend cosmetic line to another line".