Opening Techndraw page causes Error no respond

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wolD

Opening Techndraw page causes Error no respond

Post by wolD »

Hi Guys!

I have a project with A2plus. The Assemply has a few Parts and a few parts that where originally STEP Data from a manufacturer.

These STEP parts i opened first in FreeCad alone and saved as a .FCstd-File, so that i can imported it to the assembly regually.

Than i made a drawing of the assemply by creating a page in Techdraw make a BOM and all is fine. That was a few days ago.
Today i reopened the The File with the page active and every time FreeCad freezes in "no respond" and i have to cut off with task manager.

Via a tryout with a second assembly that contains the same parts also the imported STEP-File converted in FCstd-Files, i find out that there have to be any issue with the importet STEP/FCstd parts.
From this assembly i wanted to make a drawing too, but every time i create a view, FreeCad freezes. So i tryed a bit and change the selection of parts that have to be in my view. All works fine, till i select the STEP/FCstd Part. Than it freezes again.
Only after i deleted the faulty parts and added them new in A2plus, i was able to create a view in Techdraw with all selectet parts.

Now my problem is that in the original assembly there is a active (faulty) page and i had saved is this status. So when i open my CAD-Data, FreeCad tryes to open the embedded page too and its freezes.

Is there anything i can do?

I will attach the CAD-Data and screenshot

Here you the the massages from Python.

The assembly is "Querlenker_oben_montiert_BGR

The faulty Part is "Gabelgelenk DIN 71752...

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.1
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
A2plus Version 0.4.54b
Attachments
Sechskantmutter DIN 6331 mit Bund M12 Vergütungsstahl Klasse 10.FCStd
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Sechskantmutter DIN 4012 M12.FCStd
(10.66 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Querlenker_oben_montiert_BGR.FCStd
(540.16 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Gelenkkopf GT DIN ISO 12240-4 Maßreihe K Außengewinde M12 rechts.FCStd
(210.67 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Gabelgelenk DIN 71752 Größe 12 x 24 Außengewinde M12 rechts.FCStd
(53.25 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Opening Techndraw page causes Error no respond

Post by chrisb »

Please retry with the latest 0.20 version. I'm not sure if this is rather an Assembly issue? Should I move the topic?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Could it be that it just takes time to calculate? This can happen with more complex TechDraw sheets. Unfortunately the "FreeCAD doesn't respond window" likes to pop up in such situations (at least with Ubuntu Linux). Can you let it run over night?
wolD

Post by wolD »

Good morning Guys!

after my testing here my opinion is, that there is something wrong with the Step converted File to the FCstd-File. Or there have to be a interaction between the converted file and TD workbench.

Had enyone of you tryed to oben the assembly?

I can do an update to 0.20. But my feeling is not to good for that. Is there an final release version of it? Bc I think 0.19 is the official release version atm?

M4x yes I can run it over night. But I don't think that there will be an advantage for that.
I wrote that I have a second assembly which is littery the same. There I had reimported the faulty parts and then iam able to create views on a page. The calculation time there is about 15 sec.
So I think when I will run the system over night I don't get any proper results.

Another idea of me was to delete the embedded page. Is there a way without open the whole CAD-File to delete some object in it?
I read about a Funktion in the tool Bar - > Edit Menu. But don't try it yet.
My idea is, to delete the page than, open my assembly and fix it. Than doing the drawing again.

Thanks in advance guy!

Have a nice weekend!
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wolD wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:33 am Is there a way without open the whole CAD-File to delete some object in it?
The FreeCAD file is a zipped archive. You can edit the Document.xml inside, but that's not an easy task. Since it is an assembly I would rather recommend to keep the component files and redo the assembly.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

wolD wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:51 pm The faulty Part is "Gabelgelenk DIN 71752...
Try the attached file, I corrected the invalid geometry (see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p513734) and tried to match the colours as best as I could, no promises though.
Attachments
Gabelgelenk DIN 71752 Größe 12 x 24 Außengewinde M12 rechts.FCStd
(61.29 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
wolD

Post by wolD »

Hi Guys,

What do you think, is the Funktion in the edit menu a chance to delete page object from FreeCAD File?

Because when it will be an error with a geomitry like Syres will habe detected than it wouldn't make sense to install 0.20 or run over night.

Or is there an other solution?

@Syres
Very, very thanks for your effort!
I would try, but iam even not able to open the file, because of the active page Objekt. Freecad try to load the Page but freezes than.

Greetings to all