Print 2D closed shape surface

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ragohix769

Print 2D closed shape surface

Post by ragohix769 »

It's there a method or (I hope) a script to insert and print over a draw in TD, the measure of a surface (a closed shape or wire, form a sketcher or draft object)?
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
domad
Veteran

Re: Print 2D closed shape surface

Post by domad »

ragohix769 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:54 pm It's there a method or (I hope) a script to insert and print over a draw in TD, the measure of a surface (a closed shape or wire, form a sketcher or draft object)?
Hi ragohix769, good morning to the Community!
The new version of TechDrawTools is ready for the next release. The 5 new tools added are dedicated to the creation and management of oblique dimensions (in series and parallel coordinates) and to the creation of the annotation of the size of the area through the selection of sequential lines that form a closed polygon in TechDraw.
Attachments
floor_plan_dimensioning_example.png
floor_plan_dimensioning_example.png (173.86 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

I'm shocked !!! :shock: 8-)

I'm really happy to know about this, that's a really supermegacool news! 8-)
I'll wait till the release of the script.

Thank you so much to you and all the fantastic community :D
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

These functions are great! And they are so "natively TechDraw" that I would like to see them included in master. Is it possible to either rewrite in C++ ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) or to have both, Python and C++ in the same workbench?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:29 am ........... or to have both, Python and C++ in the same workbench?
Hi chrisb, hello to the community!
Thanks for the appreciation, we are pleased!
I take the liberty of answering in place of edi, apologizing for this.
@edi is already preparing the "work site" for the big step, obviously not without difficulty, it would naturally be easier for those who are "native C ++ speakers", but the versatility of edi, I'm sure, will solve the problems brilliantly.
edi

Post by edi »

I created a PR https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-macros/pull/105 with the latest Version 0.4.3 four days ago.

Hope @galou will merge it soon, so that everybody can download it.

To rewrite TechDrawTools in the master will be a long way. A first step is done:
I managed successful to compile FreeCAD from source on my computer. Now my career as C++ programmer can start. :lol:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

edi wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:05 am Now my career as C++ programmer can start. :lol:
This is a great example of "Stop whining - start coding!"
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.