Creating & integration *.SVG Templates, global questions.

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Evgeniy

Creating & integration *.SVG Templates, global questions.

Post by Evgeniy »

I would like to clarify and discuss some of the recommendations for creating templates.

1) if i want like add new template into official distributive, which license is recommended to add to the metadata from the many known ones?
InkScape allows you to select the following licenses by default:

license.png
license.png (31.73 KiB) Viewed 2008 times

2) What should I do if the template requires special standardized fonts? What license should they have? Is it possible to include them inside the distribution?

3) I really don't like some clutter in the templates folder. It makes sense to divide the templates into separate folders according to ISO, GOST, ANSI, DIN, JIS, GB, BSI, etc. standards. To make several folders with the name of the standards (ISO, GOST, ANSI etc..) and place there what is now scattered in the root folder?

4) ISO format templates can be translated into several languages, for example, English, French, Italian and even Chinese. This means that the ISO folder also needs to be divided into several languages?

5) The names of the templates do not have any specific sequence, somewhere it is indicated that this is a "Portrait", somewhere "A4" at the beginning of the name, somewhere at the end, somewhere the size is not specified. There should also probably be some recommendations here...

Well, the last one is not a question, but rather a recommendation, if you are creating a template in InkSpace, save it as an "optimized svg" to reduce its size (However, this method requires special settings and explanations). If the template is not optimized, then when using it, the size of the final *.FCStd file will be larger, because a copy of the template is be placed inside the *. FCStd file.