TechDraw_ProjectionGroup: Function of the Apply button?

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

TechDraw_ProjectionGroup: Function of the Apply button?

Post by Roy_043 »

What is the function of the Apply button in the task panel of the TechDraw_ProjectionGroup command. AFAICT the inputs are applied immediately.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: TechDraw_ProjectionGroup: Function of the Apply button?

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:35 am What is the function of the Apply button in the task panel of the TechDraw_ProjectionGroup command. AFAICT the inputs are applied immediately.
I would have expected that Apply does a commit, so that a later cancel will rollback to the Aply-state. Alas, Cancel removes everything. I would consider that as a bug - which is easily fixed by removing the button.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Roy_043 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:35 am What is the function of the Apply button in the task panel of the TechDraw_ProjectionGroup command. AFAICT the inputs are applied immediately.
IIRC, it used to be possible to set the values in the dialog without having the page updated until Apply was pressed. If the dialog now applies changes immediately, then the Apply button has no purpose.
fabianinostroza

Post by fabianinostroza »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:56 pm
IIRC, it used to be possible to set the values in the dialog without having the page updated until Apply was pressed. If the dialog now applies changes immediately, then the Apply button has no purpose.
I find annoying that the changes are applied immediately, sometimes I have to wait a lot of time to change multiple options because with every change it is recomputing the views and sometimes the models are big.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

fabianinostroza wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:49 pm I find annoying that the changes are applied immediately, sometimes I have to wait a lot of time to change multiple options because with every change it is recomputing the views and sometimes the models are big.
Yes, I find it annoying also. The fix will be implemented early in the v0.21 cycle.